386. Part XII: Idyllic world of the nymphes

Canossila turned around and tears fell from her eyes. She walked towards the balcony and looked over the horizon. The wind suddenly became still.

Her voice was steady and melancholic as she began to speak. "I prayed that this day would not come. However, I also know that what is fated to happen will come pass no matter."

She took a deep breath before she continued to speak to the child king of the Aeolian clan.

"You come for one of us, didn't you?"

Henry's eyes bulged widely. He was deeply horrified on what he was about to do. The child king of the Aeolian clan began to sob for his heart was breaking how twisted their fate was.

Gracefully, Canossila turned around and smiled at the child king of the Aeolian.

"Hero," She began to say. "Please do not weep. It is what it is."

"But..."

The child king of the Aeolian clan's voice trailed off for he knew that there was nothing he could say to make the situation less dreadful as it was. He continued to weep, though, no matter how hard he tried to control his emotion.

Canossila glided back to where the child king of the Aeolian clan was and when she was standing beside the bed, she knelt. She gently took hold of Henry's left hand.

"Hero," The Aurai nymphe began to say. "Descendant of Hippotades, we, the Aurae nymphes, are honored that you have graced us with your presence. You have freed us from the goddess Anitu Tabu, as the prophesy had foretold, and, we are willing give up our life to help you stop the Darkness."

"I am sorry," Henry said as he continued to cry. "If only there is any other..."

"We know." Canossila replied. "We are born to serve the gods."

--- end of chapter ---