238. Part V: Run over

He wiped the mud from his face before he started to make a step. He had to exert so much effort just to pull a leg after the other.

Then, he heard the roar was getting louder. Whatever it was, it seemed that it was getting closer to where he was. He picked up his pace out of the marshland and not wanting to stick around to find out what the noise was all about.

Finally, after several times ending on his face straight flat on the mud, the solid ground was within his grasp. He learned that it was easier to get out of his situation on all fours than on two. The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan struggled to get out of the wetland, and, he finally succeeded.

Tired, he laid on the solid ground turning around and he laid on his back for a bit. He was panting heavily. Then, Addy heard it again. It was a long grumbling and much louder than earlier. The birds nearby the swamp flew away hysterically.

"This could not be good." Addy thought.

The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan instantly sat on the ground and wipe the mud from his face. He, then, stood and looked around trying to figure out where he was. He was also assessing his situation and the best escape route for him away from whatever it was that was coming.

He tried to remove the vine tied on his mouth again, but still it would not break. He began to wave his hands and chant, but he could not say the words properly for his magic to work.

Suddenly, the ground began to shake as heard the huge big steps snapping the trees like some bunch of dry twigs. He looked around again and saw nothing. He heard the roaring again and he took it as a sign to start running and fast.

--- end of chapter ---