333. Part IV: Ally or foe

"I need to find a way to escape this hellhole." Gaelic said. "ARGHHH!!!" He kept on trying to pull the iron chains which was solidly anchored on the brick wall. However, it seemed that no matter how hard he tried, still, he could not pull out the chains from the wall. His wrists were bruised and cut and dripping with blood.

"Do you think we still could trust him, my Lord?" Sacha asked the bastard prince of the Vatr clan.

"Trust?" Thorn laughed sarcastically. "Don't be naïve my apprentice." He continued to say. "I could care less about trust or loyalty. The really question is if he is still useful to me."

Sacha remained silent as he attentively listened to his master.

"Once, his usefulness become obsolete, you will dispose of him accordingly." The bastard prince of the Vatr clan looked at his apprentice. "Now, leave me."

"I do understand, my Lord." Sacha replied.

Left alone in his study chamber, the bastard prince of the Aeolian clan was deep in his thought. He was trying to piece the narration of events told to him by Sacha and Gaelic.

"I wonder what your real intentions are." He was talking to himself. "And, who were those guys in the rooftop?"

Sacha was downcast. He could not believe how foolish he was which angered his lord and master.

"How can I be such a fool?" He was mentally kicking himself. "I should have known better. How could I put him in harm's way?"

He continued to walk down the hallway leading to the dungeon. When he opened the door, he gasped. The chains hanged empty short of a prisoner. Sacha frantically looked inside the dungeon and searched every inch of the penthouse but no sight of the Kentauros.

"My lord," Sacha began to say as his voice trembled. "Gaelic has escaped."

--- end of chapter ---