230. The village council leader

The moment the child king of the Aeolian clan and the High General of the Forest clan left his house, Hugo Miller, immediately, closed the door. He rushed to his room and reached under the bed.

When he got up, he was holding a wooden black box. He sat on the bed and contemplatively looked at the wooden black box.

The wooden black box had smooth texture and finishing. It was a bit bigger than a watch box but not much. At first glance, it looked like any ordinary box. However, this wooden black box did not have any latch or opening.

Hugo took a deep breath and held the box with his left hand. The marking on his left wrist illuminated. It began to light like a burning flame which made Hugo cried out in excruciating pain. Though, the agony went beyond his skin into his flesh and bone, he never let go of the black wooden box. Hugo, then, fell off the bed and landed on the floor face down, unconscious.

 Hugo, then, fell off the bed and landed on the floor face down, unconscious

As he laid on the floor, insentient, something began to happen. His silvery hair slowly turned into dark brown like chestnut hue and the wrinkles of his skins began to smoothen and tighten. Even the blotches that his old skin had disappeared. His frail thin body started filling up with muscle and becoming tone. As his body filled out, his clothes ripped apart.

The black wooden box in Hugo Miller's left hand, slowly, disintegrated like how a paper burning and turning into ashes.

After the wooden black box had turned into ashes what was left was a cylinder made of glass with gold framing. Inside the glass, the quicksilver illuminated like some a glow in the dark stick. The cylinder was around ½ in diameter and 4 ½ inches in width.

Hugo Miller regained consciousness and stood on the floor naked holding the quicksilver with his left hand.

The elderly man with silvery hair was no more. He had transformed into a handsome and physically fit young man.

After that night, the Hugo Miller who was once the council leader of the village vanished without a trace

--- end of chapter ---