311. Part XXXIX: To gather moon dust

The bastard prince of the Vatr clan scanned his room as he racked his brain thinking of ways how to track his lover. Thorn had many lovers before, however, Sacha was special. The devotion his manservant slash apprentice slash bedmate was beyond comparison. There was something about Sacha which connected Thorn to him in ways the bastard prince of the Vatr clan could fathom and yet it felt so right being Sacha.

He was starting to think of the worst. Sacha never acted this way before without his consent-impulsive-in his eyes, Sacha needed not prove anything to him.

"Fuck!" Thorn screamed. "Where the hell are you?"

Shard of glasses on the floor began to shake in tune with Thorn's emotional state.

"If only I have my maximum power," he said to himself.

Indeed, if the bastard prince of the Vatr's power was in optimum charge, he could locate Sacha with just flick of his fingers. But his current reality was otherwise. He needed to search within himself to find the best option to find his lover given at his present state.

Back on the rooftop, the ritual was almost at its zenith, and Rahel was completely oblivious with the danger that their foes might be upon them. Still, there was nothing he could do for his entire essence was deeply, insufferably entwined with the moon.

Meanwhile, inside the perfect square that was the panic room, Grime Hullo was trapped inside his own memory.

He was back at the land of the Kentauros. However, unlike the majestic, breathtaking and picturesque kingdom that he knew growing up, the land before me was a barren, rotting and dreadful land. Blood spilled all over the ground, dead bodies-decaying bodies-everything being feast on by vultures and other creatures that scavenging on carcasses of dead flesh.

"What happened here?!" It was all that Grime Hullo could utter from the horrific sight before him.

--- end of chapter ---