307. Part XXXV: To gather moon dust

"LIES!" Gaelic kept shouting as his tears flowed freely from his eyes.

He was still in a trance on the rooftop unable to move with him trapped in his own mind.

Sacha looked around and there were just too many people in the street. He went into a dark alley and looked around once again before he uttered an incantation. After saying it, he became invisible and he walked back into the main street heading towards the building where the moonbeam was shooting to the rooftop.

Jacopo was at the front desk when the motion detector door opened. However, when he looked at it, no one came in or out of the lobby. He shrugged and went back to what he was doing-writing something in the logbook.

Ting!

The elevator sounded and then it opened, Jacopo stared at the elevator waiting for the person to come out. However, no one did, and the door closed.

"What is happening?" Jacopo asked himself as saw the elevator monitor shut off. "First, the door, then the elevator and not the camera in the elevator are acting up."

Immediately, Jacopo picked up the phone and dialed maintenance service. The phone kept ringing and after the eighth ring someone pick up the phone.

"Hello, this is Jacopo from front desk, can you please send someone to have a look at the front door and elevator camera."

The other person at the other end of the line said something and Jacopo thanked the person before putting down the receiver back on the base.

"What the...?" Jacopo said as he saw the elevator monitor came back on. "Weird night." Jacopo said to himself. Then, he continued to write on something in the logbook.

Ting!

The elevator door opened, and Sacha found himself in the penthouse. He looked at the crystal on his hand and it was glowing brightly.

--- end of chapter ---