340. Part XI: Ally or foe

"We don't know him." The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan said as a matter of fact. "It was the first time I've seen him when we were back on the roof."

"Really?" Grime Hullo asked.

"I don't know who you guys are talking about," The prince of the Phoenix clan interrupted. "But Mr. Hugo... er... what should call you Mr. Hugo or..."

"My prince," Grime Hullo began to say. "You can me by the name you are most comfortable with because Hugo Miller is an anagram of my Kentaurian name Grime Hullo. In fact, it was your father who thought of mixing the letters of name to make it less Kentaurian." He smiled as he reminisced.

"Why?" The prince of the Phoenix clan asked.

"When I came to the land of Phoenix, I was seeking asylum. My people had been slaughtered by my cousin, Gaelic."

"How can one Kentauros murder the lot of your people?" The child king of the Aeolian clan asked.

"He bantered his soul to the Star Child, in exchange for power."

Everyone looked at each other.

"I am truly sorry for your lost." The prince of the Phoenix clan said as he stood from couch and hugged the Kentauros.

"I am okay," Grime Hullo said as their untangled their embrace. "Changing my name was your father's way of protecting me. Your father, who was the crown prince then, pleaded my case to your grandfather who took mercy on my flight and he made part of the Royal Militia. The rest you know, I became your archery instructor when you turned seven."

"Why did you leave the palace? Helios asked.

Grime Hullo paused and looked at everyone.

"I'd rather not say it here." He eyed Helios stating that he would rather discuss it private with the prince of the Phoenix clan alone.

--- end of chapter ---