227. Part VIII: Cross path

The boys ran to the direction that Hugo had instructed them. So far, for the next couple of miles, it seemed that they dodged the radar of the military men. However, as they entered the woods, a light, spotlight, to be exact, lit at where they were.

"There they are!" One of the soldiers shouted.

"Capture them, alive!" Captain Santiago said as he jumped out of the jeep with a gun in his hand

Oisin grabbed Henry by the wrist and led him into the forest. There were a few yards deep into the woods, when Henry stopped.

"Why are you stopping?" The High General of the Forest clan confusedly asked.

"Look," The child king of the Aeolian began to say. "There are just mere humans. With our powers and all, we can easily deal with them."

"Your Majesty."

The High General of the Forest clan knew what the child king of the Aeolian meant by "deal with". He knew how royalties could be petty sometimes. They could swat their enemies like flies with the slightest provocation. The child king of the Aeolian clan was no different. In fact, Henry was somewhat infamous of being irascible.

"We are not going to kill them, regardless." The High General of the Forest clan said.

"Dammit!" Henry exclaimed in frustration.

"I know you can break them like a twig. But, your Majesty, no." Oisin began to say. "We need to be strategic about this sort of thing. If we use our powers on them, more will be coming after us. For us to complete our mission, we have to remain anonymous and under the radar."

"So, how do you propose we get out of this?"

"You head back to the cave while I hold them of."

"How?"

"Have you forgotten where we are now? I am in my element."

--- end of chapter ---