252. Part V: Out-of-place

Jacopo kept a close watch on Rahel and his guest. However, as other residents of the building came to the lobby, he had to do his job as a door man.

"Excuse me." Rahel said at the young man who fell asleep on the chair.

The young man stirred. "I am sorry." He looked at the teenage boy. He carefully looked around before he continued to speak. He rolled the left sleeve of his sweatshirt and showed Rael his markings. Then, he covered it right away.

The young man stood up. "I am Grime Hullo. I need your help."

Rahel looked around and saw that Jacopo had his eyes on him. Rahel, then, hugged the young man. "How are you doing, cousin? It's been quite a long time since I last saw you." He said rather loudly making sure that Jacopo heard him.

However, as he hugged the young man, he whispered something to him. "You better hugged me back as not to arouse suspicion."

Rahel broke their embrace. "Come on, let's go up."

When Rahel and his mysterious companion passed by Jacopo, he spoke to the door man. "Jacopo, I want you to meet Grime, my cousin. He'll be staying with us for a while. Grime this Jacopo. If you need anything, he can help you."

Inside Rahel's condo unit, Grime entered first as Rahel closed the door.

"Wow, this is some crib you have, a penthouse unit." Grime was amazed by the size of Rahel's flat.

When Grime turned around, he saw that Rahel dropped the shoe box and Rahel's staff appeared and blasted Grime Hullo. Grime Hullo flew across the room.

"Who are you really?" Rahel asked.

"Argh!" Grime felt the blast. "What the hell? Is that anyway to treat an old friend?"

"Friend?" Rahel said. "I don't even know you from Adam. Where did you get that marking?"

--- end of chapter ---