284. Part XII: To gather moon dust

It was a night that neither Grime Hullo nor Rahel could ever forgot. Thought, the entwinement of their bodies and soul lasted only hours, but for the two lovers it seemed a lifetime, nay, eternity. Yet, despite that intimacy their heart and essence had shared, still, their longing to be connected from each other seemed to grow further.

Laying naked on the bed, Rahel was resting his head on Grime Hullo's muscular chest. He could feel the rising and falling of the Kentauros breathing his lover's heart beating as well.

"Did you know that the cycle affects us?"

"The fairies you mean?"

"No, I mean it affects us all."

The Kentauros was thoughtfully pondering on Rahel's questions as he caressed his lover's hair. "No. I did not know that."

"It does. Everything on this planet is influenced by the cycle of the moon." Rahel continued. "As if it is making us, all creatures and nature itself be drawn to its invisible charm beckoning us to silently do its prompting." He paused as he panned his head and looked at Grime Hullo's face. "And tomorrow night, at the gathering of moon dusts, you will understand what I mean."

"I thought that fairies could only gather moon dusts?" Grime Hullo asked puzzledly.

"That is true." Rahel replied. "However, if a fairy is conjoined at the height of moon shine, then, that creature would be able to experience what a fairy experiences during this ritual."

Though, Grime Hullo had walked Adamah longer than the fairies, this was the first that he had heard of this story. How could he? All this time, he thought that the fairy clan was a tall story made up by the commoners of Adamah.

He looked kindly and lovingly at Rahel before he spoke. "It would be my honor to witness this moon dust gathering ritual with you, Rahel."

Rahel lifted his head from his lover's chest and pressed his lips against Grime Hullo.

--- end of chapter ---