321. Part XLIX: To gather moon dust

The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan eyes widened upon recognizing the crystal stone-moldavite. It was a tracking stone used to find lost persons.

"This not good." Addy said. "This guy is tracking someone. And, whoever it is, I do not want to find out. For a person to wield this stone can only mean one thing-he possesses great magic. And, now is not the best time to engage in a fight."

The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan said those things not because he was yellow or something, but it was not his purpose to begin with. He only wanted to know who exactly was performing the ritual and why and he did not need to complicate things as it was.

Addy took the moldavite stone before he stepped away from the unconscious young man. He then turned around and assessed the progression of the ritual. At that point, there was nothing he could do to stop it, and it was not in his power to do so.

You see, once, the ritual had begun, it was nearly impossible to stop it. The power of the moonbeam was serious magic and disrupting it could mean disaster to the person performing the ritual and to everyone nearby. Besides, the Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan could sense that the moon dust gathering rite was almost nearing its end. Thus, he let it take its course while he carefully walked toward the bunker and tried to find an opening. And, he was not disappointed when he saw one. Cautiously, he stepped inside the bunker and he could see that someone was seated on a chair facing the control panel with multiple monitor screens. The screens showed nothing but black with snowy static countless tiny dots.

"Hello." He said. But the person who was seated on the chair did not reply.

He gently placed his foot one step ahead after the other until he was a few inches away from the chair. He then grabbed the back of the chair and turned it around.

--- end of chapter ---