Chapter 9 The Big 40

A couple days later, Me and Scott decided to get out and explore the town.

"So what made you want to spend the day with little old me." Scott said smiling.

"Chris has conference calls most of the day so i thought why not call up Scott and go exploring."

"Awe you called me first." Scott said.

"Well Shanna and Carly are both busy today and well I spent a day with your mom already." I said with a smile

"You know if you weren't so cute i would be offended by that remark." Scott said

It was nice to spend the day with another member of Chris's family.

At the party i could tell the Evans are a tight knit family, honestly i was kinda jealous i always wished i had a family like his.

"So how's the hand slugger." Scott said, sipping his water.

"The hand is fine. But i kinda feel ashamed i acted like that in front of your family."

"Are you kidding me, you were the talk of the party, I'm so glad it was you that told lana off. I've been wanting to do that forever." Scott said.

"How long did she and Chris date."

"Well if you go by her way of counting 4 years, we in the real world it was a couple hook ups that she tried to make a relationship out of, well my brother was not having it." Scott said.

"Hook ups she said ex fiance."

"In her mind they were engaged. But Chris was never ever gonna make that train wreck of a woman his wife. Like I said hookups and nothing more." Scott said.

"OK enough about the crazy ex or maybe not ex, Chris has a birthday coming up."

"I know the big 40." Scott said.

"What's the plan for it."

"Mom is gonna throw him a surprise party so i have to get him out of the house Friday afternoon and keep him occupied." Scott said.

"Great, now i just have to think of what I'm getting him. But what do you get the guy that has pretty much everything."

"Chris is an easy guy to buy for or you could just wrap yourself up and give yourself to him as a gift." Scott said

I heard what Scott said and frankly he had a great idea.

"I think you've just given me a great idea."

"Honey i was kidding about wrapping yourself up, Just get him clothes that's what mom does every year." Scott said.

But i couldn't get what Scott said out of my head. I think my birthday gift to him is gonna be myself.

The days went by fast and it was Friday morning. I was lying in bed with Chris's arm draped over my stomach. I moved his arm as gently as I could.

After I quietly got out of bed I headed out to the kitchen to make him breakfast.

30 minutes later, tray in hand I was headed back to the bedroom to where I saw dodger was on my side of the bed. I let out a soft chuckle. I set the tray on the nightstand and motioned for dodger to get down he did and went into his own bed.

I got back into bed as softly as I could, I placed soft kisses on his neck causing him to stir.

"Happy birthday baby."

"Hmm thank you babe." He said turning around to face me. Looking into his sleepy eyes makes me smile. I ran my hand over the stubble on his face, slowly I leaned in and kissed him.