Chapter 63

(ok so I've had the last week or so from hell. Now I'm fighting a sinus infection. i just can't seem to catch a break anymore. So I'm sorry for going back to Lisa's journal and to POV's and i know nothing about police procedure. So bare with me on that. You would think with all the Chicago fire med and pd i watch i would something LoL ok so getting to the story here go.)

Convenience store. The last place Jacob was at.

One of the clerks at the store was looking at a newspaper with the story of Lisa's kidnapping and a picture of her kidnapper.

"Oh shit. Hey Chuck. Look at this is."

"What's up joey." He said

"Remember last night the story on TV, it's all over the papers now." Joey said.

"Yeah my girl was talking about how sad it is. She said a prayer that the wife would be brought home safe." Chuck said

"Yeah but the guy. I've seen this guy before." Joey said going in the back to the surveillance camera.

He punched up the last 48 hours and scanned the footage. And stopped at last night around 11pm when the news broke.

"Wait, gimme the paper." Joey said, Chuck handed him the paper, he held it up to the screen.

"Holy shit, Joey, that's him. He was right here." Chuck said

Joey got up and picked up the phone.

"What are you doing?" Chuck asked.

"I'm calling that detective." joey said

Joey dialed the police tip line.

"NYPD Tip Line."

"Hi yeah my name is Joey Ortega i have some info." Joey said

"Alright and what information do you have?"

"It's about that actor's wife, the one who was kidnapped. I believe her kidnapper was in my store last night." Joey said.

"Ok Mr Ortega, Can you give me your address please."

"Yeah it's 3443 Harvey Street, the shop on the corner is called Harper's" Joey said

"Alright someone will be out to you asap."

"OK thank you." Joey said, hanging up the phone.

"Well." Chuck asked

"They're sending someone here." Joey said

A few minutes later Detective Martin and 2 cops came into the shop.

"Mr Ortega. I'm detective martin." He said, shaking Joey's hand.

Joey shook the detective's hand.

"Now, you said you think the suspect was in your store last night." He asked.

"No he was here, in fact I'll show you." Joey said, grabbing his laptop and showing what he saw on the surveillance tape.

The detective watched the video and there was a couple seconds of clear video and he pressed the pause button.

"That's him, that McHenry, what's the time stamp on this." He asked.

"11:45pm." Joey said.

"Ok officer take this footage down to the station, Mr Ortega you've been a big help." Detective Martin said

"Hey yo, is there any kind of reward."

"Chuck shut up man. Look, just get her back home to her family please." Joey said.