Chapter 70

Chris's POV

It's been a couple weeks since Lisa's been home, she has her good days and bad days, more bad than good.

"Yeah ok i'll call ya back. Hey sweetie." I said seeing Lisa on the couch reading.

"Hmmm oh hi i didn't hear ya come in." she said

"Must be a good book."

"Actually it's horrible. But it's keeping my mind busy ,cause I can't do much of anything else." she said, closing the book and tossing it on the table.

"You wanna go for a drive, it's a nice day out." 

"Yeah and have people stare at me and think oh that poor girl." she said

"Honey no one is thinking that."

"Whatever. I think I'm just gonna go upstairs and lay down." she said

"That sounds good, why don't I join you."

"I just wanna be alone right now ok." She said,

One good thing is she doesn't need crutches anymore now she's walking with a cane.

"Here I'll help you."

"Chris, can you just not ok i can't do it myself. I don't need your help." She said,

"I'm sorry."

"And stop saying your sorry, look I'm gonna have to get used to taking care of myself, you'll be going back to work soon." she said

"What."

"I heard you on the phone last night with Janey, a new movie in atlanta." she said

"Honey look she called about doing a screen test for a new movie in Atlanta. I told her I had to think about it."

"Think about it, what you really mean is, I need to stay home and take care of my wife because she can't take care of herself." she said

"Lisa, that's not what I meant."

"Look Chris, we both know you can't stay out of work forever, but you don't have to worry about me, I'll be fine. Besides I won't be alone, your family is over here every 5 minutes checking up on me. I just wish people would leave me the hell alone." she said, her voice cracking.

"Honey, they're just worried about you. They wanna see you get better, that's all."

"I just wanna be left alone, why is that so fucking hard to understand." She said going up the stairs and slamming the bedroom door. 

"Shit."

I didn't know what to do. I decided to take dodger for a walk. We ended up at mom's house.

"Well this is a nice surprise. What brings you two over?" Mom said

"I just wanted to give Lisa some space."

"She's having a rough day." She asked.

"Rough day, rough week. I just don't know what to do or what to say to her right now."

"Oh honey, come on in, let's talk."

I followed mom into her living room.

"Ok so tell me what's going on." she said.

"One day she's fine, the next she's mad at the world. Just today she was sitting on the couch reading so i asked her about the book she said it was horrible and tossed it on the table. Then she said that she couldn't do much else. So I suggested going for a drive and she said that she didn't wanna go out and have people stare at her."