Chapter 48

(Ugh i feel like no matter what i write i always do it over. I just feel like my writers block is getting the best of me. I sit and stare at the screen and i can't find the words to put that don't make my writing sound like a 4 year old lol I'm so sorry guys i'm trying really hard to get these chapters to you. I do appreciate all the encouragement. Thanks.)

"Ladies and gentlemen please welcome to the dance floor for the first time as husband and wife, Mr and Mrs Evans."

We could hear the DJ bring us out to the reception area and right out onto the dance floor.

When we got to the floor i saw Robert jump up on the stage.

"Hello beautiful people. First off welcome to the festivities. So i had the pleasure of giving this stunningly gorgeous woman away today and I'm still floating being given that job well i really shouldn't call it a job it was more of a privilege . But I also have another today not only am I an adopted stand-in father of the bride, and as a gift from me to the wonderful couple I'm gonna sing you a song so i hope you enjoy." Robert said.

I turned to Chris and smiled.

"Wait wedding singer, babe did you know about this."

"I had no clue." Chris said.

As the music began to play I knew just what song it was going to be.

Waiting For A Girl Like You by Foreigner (Just picture robert singing this.)

"So long, I've been looking too hard, I've been waiting too long

Sometimes I don't know what I will find, I only know it's a matter of time.

When you love someone, when you love someone

It feels so right, so warm and true, I need to know if you feel it too

Maybe I'm wrong, won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strong?

This heart of mine has been hurt before, this time I want to be sure

I've been waiting for a girl like you to come into my life

I've been waiting for a girl like you, your loving will survive

I've been waiting for someone new to make me feel alive

Yeah, waiting for a girl like you to come into my life."

I couldn't believe Robert was singing for us. As we danced Chris turned me so i could face the stage and watch Robert. He put his arms around my waste and we swayed to the music.

"You're so good, when we make love it's understood

It's more than a touch or a word can say

Only in dreams could it be this way.

When you love someone, yeah, really love someone

Now, I know it's right, from the moment I wake up till deep in the night

There's nowhere on earth that I'd rather be than holding you tenderly."

I couldn't stop smiling. Robert grabbed the mic and jumped off the stage and came over to Chris and me. He took my hand and danced with me.

"I've been waiting for a girl like you to come into my life

I've been waiting for a girl like you, your loving will survive

I've been waiting for someone new to make me feel alive