Chapter 38

"Your gonna love this." Maci said, pulling me to the back of the house and onto the beach.

"Maci your gonna rip my arm off, slow down it's not like the beach is going anywhere."

All she did was laugh her sinister she's up to something to laugh.

"Ok before I show you I need you to put this on." She said, handing me a blindfold.

"Maci i swear if this is one of your strange games I'm not in the mood."

"Oh get your panties untwisted but I think from the scene I saw when I opened the car door your panties were already untwisted and off." Maci smiled.

"Ok I'm officially mortified."

"Just put this on and play along please." She said

"Fine."

I put the blindfold on and felt Maci grab my hands and guide me. We didn't walk very far but I could hear the waves crashing on the beach.

"Ok you can take off the blindfold." Maci said

I took it off and let my eyes adjust and what I saw blew me away.

"Oh my god maci, when did you have time to do all this?"

"Well I had some help." Maci said

What i was seeing was a gorgeous beach picnic just for me and her.

"Maci, this all looks amazing. But why."

"Well." She said, handing me a glass of wine. "With everything with the wedding getting leaked to the press and you feeling down about it all i figured this was something to take your mind off of it for maybe just a little bit." She said

All I could was smile.

"You know all those years ago when I met you I never thought that you wouldn't only be my best friend but my sister as well."

"I guess I'm just that damn special. Oh before I forget, here." She said, handing me a bouquet of wildflowers.

"Wildflowers."

"Oh those aren't from me, those are from someone else read the card." Maci said

I saw the card sitting in the flowers. I pulled it out and read it.

I LOVE YOU MRS EVANS.!!!!

"Not even married yet and you've already got him trained to get you flowers. You have to teach me how to do that." Maci said

I just shook my head and laughed and looked up at the deck and saw Chris and smiled, he smiled back and headed back into the house.

"Ok so we need to discuss your bachelorette party." Maci said

"Well that's easy there isn't gonna be one."

"What oh hell no you need to have one." she said

"Maci your the only woman in the wedding party, I don't have any other bridesmaids, Chris's sister's aren't gonna be here till the day before the wedding. I'm not going out and getting hammered the night before the wedding."

"Well boo, so no bachelorette party." Maci said

"No."

"No male strippers i can stuff money down their pants." She said

"Nope."

"Well that takes all the fun out of things. So no party." Maci said with a boo boo lip.