school rumors

Hey it's Cat.

Okay, so this is an issue that came about a couple months ago, but I forgot to rant about it when it happened, so here goes.

So I was at lunch with some of my "friends" (aka the only people who want to talk to me on a regular basis) and on the other side of the table there were these girls that I don't really like that much and I overheard them talking about my friend Hannah.

This is what I heard.

Girl 1: Hannah is such a slut.

Girl 2: She's 13, she's a virgin. We're all virgins, we're in 8th grade.

Girl 1: Okay, but she dresses like a slut. And she totally stuffs her bra.

Girl 2: Okay, I can agree with that.

Meanwhile, I'm listening into this (they were sitting like right next to me btw) and I'm just thinking "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LETS HER CALL YOU CHING-CHONG ON A DAILY BASIS JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE CHINESE! AND SGE DOESN'T STUFF HER FUCKING BRA, WHY WOULD SHE? AS YOU SAID, WE'RE IN EIGHTH GRADE! SYOP SAYING SHE DRESSES LIKE A SLUT, IT'S A FREE COUNTRY AND WE WEAR A UNIFORM TO SCHOOL, HOW THE FUCK DOES SHE DRESS LIKE A SLUT? SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

I'm so sick of people assuming that people who have big boobs and wear booty shorts and shit are sluts. She's 13, I'm 13, the people saying this shit are 13. You can't control the size of your boobs unless you get implants or some shit, and no 13-year-old is going to do that. Also, people can wear what they want. If something that someone wears makes you think of them as a slut, that's cool, but there's no reason to talk about them behind their backs. It's her body, she can wear what she wants. And again, I go to a school where uniforms must be worn, unless we have a dress-down-day or something. I don't understand why people assume people are sluts just by the way they look.

Maybe you're just jealous that that person is more attractive than you (jk all of you are hot sexy thangs).

But seriously, I'm sick of how society is directing our beliefs on what a person is just based off the way they look. Hannah could end up becoming a supermodel or a garbage person in the future. Girl 1 could be a professional swimmer or prostitute. Everything changes when you grow up. You shouldn't let looks dictate your life. No one has the "perfect body". Not everyone is going to be what they want to be in life.

So live your life right now, in the present. Don't let anything anyone says change your point of view.