pep rally

It Cat, yet again. It's weird how I said I wouldn't be on here much anymore and now all I do is rant...oh well.

Moving on.

So today my school had a pep rally for our basketball tournament (which started last week). We do this every year durning Catholic Schools Week. Now, usually I absolutely hate the pep rally, because everyone is screaming in my ear and I end up getting a pounding headache by the end of it.

But this time I actually kind of enjoyed it.

See, the eighth graders, like me, get to sit on the stage while everyone else (who isn't on a basketball team or a cheerleader) has to sit on the ground of our cafegymatoriam (it's a cafeteria/gymnasium/auditorium, so I call it that). Let me tell you, the ground in there is not at all comfortable. So I was pretty happy when I remembered I would get to sit on the stage.

Also, this was the first year since fifth grade that I wasn't a part of the pep rally itself. In fifth grade, I was on the basketball team. Just for the record, I was keeping the bench nice and warm the whole season. As for sixth and seventh grade, those were the years I was a cheerleader. Yes, you read right. A cheerleader. And I fucking hated it. I was the oldest girl on the team, and there were like 5 other girls who were a grade below me who were best friends with each other a shit, so I was stuck rubbing my hair on the mats during practice trying to shock one of them to get attention. Also, somehow, I was always the calmest of them....anyway, I hated it, I still hate it, and that's why I quit.

So after all the teams were out and the cheerleaders did their little dance number (which involved The Selfie Song, All About That Bass, and more) our Ken doll gym teacher came out wearing a shiny silver vest and a purple button up, saying we were going to do a school-wide dance competition, led by him...and the eighth grade.

Pretty much everybody in my class groaned.

But me being the awkward, weirdly confident person I am in front of crowds, I stood in front while everyone else gathered in a giant clump behind me.

I won't go into the details, but the "contest" which no one won, involved me doing the wobble across a cheerleading mat in front of my entire school.

Yeah.

Starting to wonder why I thought I enjoyed this.

By the end of it I was sweating and we finished with the Cupid Shuffle, which I'm an ace at.

So that was my school day...