Buttercrush

(Opening shot: the city skyline at peace. Car horns honk in the background.)

Narrator: The city of Townsville. A pleasant place to live. Unless you run into—

(Cut to five green-skinned, disreputable-looking fellows walking down the street. On one side, one is a dwarf who looks as if he just jumped out of a Picasso painting; another is big and fat, with a shock of orange hair covering the top half of his face. On the other side are a bug-eyed hunchback with an enormous chin, ragged clothes, and a long tongue hanging out and, behind him, a skinny guy with a long, pointed nose and a cap turned backward. The one in the center is tall and slim, has straight, greasy hair and a scraggly mustache. He wears sunglasses and a life-preserver jacket.)

Narrator: —the Gangreen Gang! The biggest bunch of belligerent bullies this town's ever seen!

(They continue along the street for several seconds; cut to a dodgeball lying on the ground in the park. The Gang walks into view from the right; all except the one with the shades keep going until they move o.c. left. He stops at the ball and clears his throat loudly, and the others quickly back up to join him. When he speaks, he sounds like your typical juvenile delinquent—mean and disrespectful.)

Shades wearer: Well, well! (Turn down to the ball at his feet.) What do we have here?

(He picks the ball up and holds it. Two little kids come up and look up at the group pleadingly while one look at the shades wearing guy with a serious face.)

(Y/N): Hey can you pass me back my ball?

Kid 1: Please mister?

Shades wearer: Mister? (spinning ball on finger) You're talkin' to Ace, kid. There are no Misters here...at least, I don't think so. (to dwarf) Um, Lil' Arturo, is your name Mister?

(Lil' Arturo sounds very much like Señor Wences when he opens his mouth. He laughs for a moment, then cuts himself off sharply.)

Lil' Arturo: No.

Shades wearer (Ace): (to the fat fellow) How 'bout you, Big Billy?

(As soon as Big Billy speaks, it instantly becomes clear that he will never get into MIT.)

Billy: Duh—no.

Ace: (to hunchback) Grubber?

Grubber: Pbbbbpppppbbbbbt! (Loosely translated: "Not a snowball's chance.")

Ace: Yeah, I thought so. (to the pointy-nosed fellow) Hey, is your name Mister, Snake?

(Snake speaks with a pronounced hiss and a forked tongue.)

Snake: (laughing) Yes-s-s. (Ace punches him for giving the wrong answer.) I means no.

Ace: Sorry. You three are way off track. (Long silence.)

(Y/N): Just give me my ball back.

Ace: Oh, sure. (holding it out) Why not?

(Instead of handing the ball back, he bounces it off the faces of all three of them, knocking two them to the ground. They lie shaking fearfully in the Gang's shadows. (Y/N) is holding his nose in pain as he looks at Ace with hate.)

Ace: (mock pity) Hey, boys!

Snake, Arturo, Billy: What is it, Ace? (Grubber blows a raspberry with them.)