Abracadaver

(Opening shot: the city skyline in the afternoon.)

Narrator: The city of Townsville! (Turn down toward the street.) A magical town full of wonder and excitement.

(Pan quickly to an old, run-down building, its windows smashed and shreds of old posters by the doors. It bears a sign: "MAGIC." The girls, (Y/N), and the Mayor stand on a platform nearby.)

Narrator: And hey—speakin' of magic, what's going on at the old Townsville Magic Theatre? Let's take a look.

(Dissolve to a close-up of the five.)

Mayor: What a wonderful day for a celebration. (Cut right slightly; now Ms. Bellum is on the platform, on the girls' other side.) Girls, have I ever told you the story of this old theatre?

Ms. Bellum: (to them) Just say yes.

(Y/N): Yes...

Girls: No.

Mayor: Well, splendid. This theatre is the most historic site in all of Townsville. Why I used to see shows here when I was your age.

(He jumps up and grabs hold of the corner of the building, kissing the brickwork, showing how much he loved coming to it when he was younger. (Y/N) looks with intriguing mind of how old the theater really is. Near him is a tattered poster showing a goateed, mustachioed magician brandishing his wand. It bears the words "Al Lusion On Stage." The Mayor takes notice of this after he stops kissing.)

Mayor: Huh? What's this? (Close-up of the poster; he continues o.c.) A theatre poster from the final performance of Al Lusion, the greatest magician of all time!

(On the end of this, dissolve to a black-and-white shot of the magician, Al Lusion, putting on his stage show. The view is grainy and scratched, as if from an old silent movie; the background music changes accordingly, and the characters we see are not heard speaking. Lusion waves his wand over a rabbit on a stand next to him and turns it into a potted plant with a rabbit's head.)

Mayor: (voice over) I oughta know. (Cut to a happy kid in the audience, wearing a beanie and monocle.) I was there.

(This is the Mayor's young self. Back to the stage, where Lusion has gotten rid of the plant/rabbit and set a top hat on the stand. He holds an egg.)

Mayor: (voice over) That night, he performed the most incredible feats ever seen. It was a spectacular show.

(During this line, the magician breaks the egg into the hat, reaches in, and pulls a moose partway out. The young Mayor claps in delight at this amazing display of magic. Now Lusion leans out over the edge of the stage as people clamor for his attention.)

Mayor: (voice over) Then he asked for an assistant from the audience.

(Cut to the young Mayor, hand raised eagerly.)

[Animation goof: He is now in a different seat, at the end of his row.]

Mayor: (voice over) I raised my hand, but he chose another. He chose a little girl.

(As he says this, pan along the row and stop on a child whose face is hidden under a huge, low hat. One hand holds a small teddy bear. She peers up—a girl whose face looks very much like those of Townsville's current protectors. She has a definite nose and fingers on her hands, one of which she raises.)

Mayor: (voice over) A charming creature as sweet as any of you Powerpuff Girls. (She jumps out of her seat and is helped up to the stage.) Once onstage, he asked to borrow the girl's stuffed bear.

(He points at the teddy bear on the end of this line, then pulls it out of her hands. She watches, surprised, as he holds it between his palms and brings them together. The bear disappears in a puff of smoke.)