Shotgun Wedding

(Opening shot: the city skyline during the day.)

Professor: (from o.c.) The city of Townsville...

(Pull back on the next line; the view is a photograph lying on a work table in his lab.)

Professor: (from o.c.) ...is filled with the most vile and strange villains to walk the earth.

(On the end of this, he comes into view, hunched over the table. Other photos spread in front of him show the Amoeba Boys, the Gangrene Gang, and "Him.")

Professor: But as scientifically inexplicable as some may seem, each has an obvious origin.

(Close-up of the Boys' photo.)

Professor: (from o.c.) Enormous one-celled organisms. (Pan to one of Mojo Jojo, firing his blaster.) Common chimpanzee, mutated by a mysterious chemical. (To "Him.") Supernatural manifestation of pure evil. (To the Gang.) Teenaged hoodlums with a strange form of adolescent skin condition. (To Sedusa, robbing a bank; guards and moneybags are caught in her hair.) Hot chick with chemically enhanced hair products.

(Cut to him. One eyebrow droops in deep thought, and he scratches his chin.)

Professor: But one...one villain defies explanation. (Extreme close-up of his eyes.) The only creature that leaves me baffled.

(His perspective of a nearby countertop. Among the clutter of notes and equipment is a file folder labeled "F. Lumpkins." Lying on top of this is a photo of Fuzzy Lumpkins in the woods.)

Professor: The Lumpkin!

(Zoom in until the photo fills the screen, then cut to a bulletin board on the wall. Several items are tacked up on it, including a poster entitled "Bears of the World", with pictures of a panda, a koala, a polar bear, Yogi Bear, and Fuzzy. The Professor looks at the board.)

Professor: Can it be an unaccounted-for species of bear? (holding up a plaster cast of a large footprint) Or is it the infamous Sasquatch...or, in layman's term, Bigfoot?

(Cut to a blackboard showing the famous "evolution of man" series of primates. Fuzzy is drawn in one step to the left of modern man; a question mark is above his head, the words "Missing Link?" below.)

Professor: (from o.c.) Or, better yet, is it the sought-after "missing link"?

(A counter, with a map of Townsville and the adjoining woods spread out. A path is marked, ending in a big red X. On the next line, the Professor reaches into view and rolls up the sheet.)

Professor: (from o.c.) One thing is certain.

(Now he picks up a camera tripod leaning against the counter's edge. Back to him, with the map tucked into a knapsack on his back. Shouldering this other piece of equipment, he is ready for action.)

Professor: It must be studied!

(The exterior of the house. The garage door goes up and his car pulls out. Dissolve to the woods, the camera pointing along a road that runs through them. In the distance, there is a very broad patch whose trees have been cut down. Zoom in a bit, then cut to the Professor as he hikes along through the area. As he goes, his confident smile fades and he looks worriedly around himself; in an overhead view, we see that he has reached the cleared area - and many of the stumps bear signs with the sort of messages Fuzzy might put up: "Leave Now," "Get Out," and so forth. When he reaches the hillbilly's shack, he crouches down behind a bush at a distance. Cut to in front of this; he pops up with his notebook in one hand and a hand-held video camera aimed at the dwelling in the other.)

Professor: Day One of my study of the Lumpkin.

(His perspective, seen through the viewfinder; pan slowly across the scenery. Until further notice, all shots are framed in this fashion.)