Telephonies

(Opening shot: the city skyline under a bright sun.)

Narrator: The city of Townsville! And what a beautiful city she is, full of... (We hear a telephone ring.) Oh. Excuse me. (picking up) Uh...hello?

Ace: (over the phone) Yeah, listen, jerk-face, you good-for-nothin' toad!

Narrator: You can't talk to me like that!

Ace: (over the phone) How 'bout this? I think you stink! I can smell you over the phone!

Narrator: Why I oughta...WHO IS THIS?! (A click and a dial tone are heard.) Hello? Hello! (Quick turn down to the Gangreen Gang gathered around a pay phone. They are laughing over their latest prank.) Oh. The Gangreen Gang. Why, you prank-calling good-for-nothings! When I get my hands on you, I'll...

Ace: (to rest of Gang) What a dope!

Snake: Yeah. What a dope. (He laughs, in his hissing manner.)

Lil' Arturo: Hey, Ace! Ace! Do another one, huh?

Snake: Yes-s-s, yes-s-s. Do another one. (He laughs again.)

Ace: (picking up the phone) All right, all right. Let's see.

(He dials a number, and we hear the phone ringing on the other end. The screen splits to show the (L/N) household in the bottom right; he picks up.)

(Y/N): Hello?

(Ace then ends the call with a tense and terrified look on his face as he quickly regains his composure.)

Ace: Okay, Arturo, you're up.

Big Billy: Awww...

Snake: Boss are you okay...?

Ace: Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Let's just never call this number again...

Lil' Arturo: Okay! Shh, Shh! It's ringing!

(Split-screen view again; this time the Professor appears in the other half. He picks up.)

Professor: Hello?

Lil' Arturo: Hi, am I speaking to the man of the house?

Professor: Yes, by golly, you are.

Lil' Arturo: Well, then...you just won ten million dollars! (He grins.)

Professor: (flabbergasted) Te-ten million d-ten million dollars?! Oh, wow! I've never won anything in my life!

Lil' Arturo: (laughing) Please hold.

Professor: Sure, I'll hold.

(The other Gang members begin to laugh, and Lil' Arturo covers the mouthpiece and shushes them. Full-screen view: Ace lifts Lil' Arturo up to the phone, and he taps the hook to break the connection. Split-screen view: the whole Gang laughs heartily at the joke, while the Professor stands at his phone, a wide smile frozen on his face. The Gang's side expands to fill the screen again, and once more Ace picks up the receiver.)

Ace: Okay! Who's next?

(The others clamor for a chance. After a moment, Ace gives the phone to Big Billy and dials.)

Lil' Arturo, Snake: Aww, jeepers!

[Animation goof: Grubber's mouth moves with them.]

(Split-screen view, with a housewife on the other side. She picks up.)

Housewife: Hello? (Long silence.)

Big Billy: Hi.

Housewife: Who is this? (Long silence.)