Lying Around the House

(Opening shot: the city skyline in the morning.)

Narrator: The city of Townsville! Which lies in the heart of America. (Cut to the exterior of the girls' house.) And in the city of Townsville lies the home of one Professor Utonium.

(Close-up of Blossom, asleep in bed, and pan to each of her sisters in time with the following. Bubbles cradles Octi as usual.)

Narrator: And in that home lie Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup— (Pull back to frame all three.) —also known as the Powerpuff Girls.

Professor: (from downstairs) Girls! (They wake up.) Time to get up! Breakfast is ready!

(They zip out of bed in an instant; cut to the kitchen table. One by one, they stop in the chairs in time with their next lines—they have done the world's fastest quick-change into their dresses.)

Buttercup: Bacon and eggs!

Bubbles: Waffles!

Blossom: French toast!

(At the stove, the Professor holds up a sizzling pan of some decidedly non-breakfast food. He is dressed, but unshaven.)

Professor: Liver and onions!

(The girls' happy mood evaporates. Close-up of Blossom as a plate is pushed toward her.)

Professor: (from o.c.) One for you... (Pan to Bubbles; he serves her.) ...one for you... (To Buttercup; she gets a plateful.) ...one for you... (Cut to a stack of pancakes.) ...and one for me.

(The girls lean out around the image—the dish has been placed so as to hide them from view—and peer quizzically at it. Pull back to frame all four; the Professor now sits at the table, with the pancakes in front of himself.)

Professor: Eat up, everyone.

(He buries his face in the morning paper. There is no sound for a few seconds, during which Bubbles' eyes start to roll back in their sockets. Suddenly she perks up.)

Bubbles: Hey, look! (Close-up of the Professor, then back to her.) The Professor left his beard on. That means it must be Saturday—which means the Professor can spend the whole day playing with us!

(All three girls chatter excitedly, but they stop when he lowers his paper.)

Professor: Um...today?

(Cut to just beside his head. He is looking at a large ad: "The Geek Bowl Quiz Show—Today on Channel 6." A TV set with a large question mark on its screen is prominently included.)

Professor: I don't think I can do it today. (lowering paper, seeing crestfallen girls) I've got a lot of work to do in my office today. (Cut to a shelf.)

Girls: (from o.c.) Awww!

(A small white creature appears between the containers. It is humanoid, with a bald head and a tail, and it seems a bit bewildered upon finding itself in this environment. However, it soon rubs its hands and giggles mischievously before running o.c. Back to the table; the Professor has stood up and is folding the paper.)

Professor: Now eat up, girls. (rolling/tucking it under arm, carrying pancakes o.c.) I went to a lot of trouble preparing that meal for you. (Cut to the sink; he is scraping the food into it.) And I don't want to see it go to waste.

(Blossom regards her plate with obvious disdain. Her eyes wander to one side and then widen in surprise; cut to the source of it—the trash can, in which an empty box marked "Liver & Onions" can be seen. Her face shows just how disgusted she is with the Professor's exaggeration.)

Professor: (walking out of kitchen) You will not be excused from this table until you've finished your breakfast.

Buttercup: Liver and onions. I hate liver and onions. This stuff isn't even fit for a dog to eat!