Chapter 2: Introducing Vrishaketu

Story Unfolds :

A mere boy of 7 was a shy natured yet very loyal and devoted son of his own father. Karna. He has a innocent face with long eyelashes that he batted in surprise everytime he saw something new in this world. He was none but the last born son of Karna. Vrishaketu.

Young Vrishaketu (Karna & his middle wife Supriya Son)

"Vrishaketu, ruk ja. Mere baat Man le. Mat jao akele. (Stop at once. Accept my request. Don't go alone.)" His elder Mother Vrushali told him aloud.

But young Vrishaketu in looking at the scenery. He was engrossed in the beauty of nature. The flow of river, the chirping of birds, the running of animals, the trembling of leaves in the slightest gust of wind all made him encouraged to look deeply. He wanted to introspect everything in his very own eyes. He was felt attached to all most everything in the nature. He was like his father Karna himslelf who too loved to explore the nature at his age.

Vrishi, kahan ja raha hain Akele?!!
(Where are you going alone?!!) A soft male voice broke up him from his own daydreaming session.

Young boy tilted his head towards the voice. And found his Kakashree or uncle Shone was standing there with a smile in face.

Shone (Foster brother of Karna)

The young Boy smiled brightly at him and then ran to him in great speed. His uncle outstretched his hands to him and he jumped in his arms with love and affection. He loved all. But his Kakashree Shone was his friend, philosopher and guide. He helped that boy tremendously everytime he was being scolded by his three mothers. Padmavati, Supriya and Uruvi.

Mind it at the time of the beginning of this story, Mahabharata war was far away from it. So Supriya, Uruvi and Karna were still alive at that time. It took 2 more years for them to die.

  Devi Supriya (2nd wife of Karna)

"Kakashree woh panchi Kitni sundar hain. Mujhe la do. Main use palunga."
(Uncle, look at that beautiful bird on the high branch. Please captive that bird for me. I will rear it.) Vrishaketu demanded it to his uncle.

"Usse mukta hi rehne do, Putra. Mukti sab ko priyo hoti hain." (Let it remain free. Freedom is dear to all.)

Another deep husky baritone voice from his behind rang in the boy's own eardrum. He gasped in shock. He was not unfamiliar with the voice. It was of his father's. Karna's.

                 Anga Raj Karna

                 Anga Raj Karna

"Mar gaye!! Kakshree banchao mujhe. Pitashree se." (Oh God!! Help me in this uncle. From Father's anger.) By telling this the young Boy clutched tightly his uncle Shone's shoulders. With his both hands. He was scared of his father. All the times. He did not get a chance to know the soft side of his father. He lost his father at the age of 9. When he was quite young. Hence he could not get a chance to be more acquainted with his own father.

Karna looked at his boy Vrishaketu with questions in eyes. Shone made up a helpless face. He knew that his nephew was afraid of his father. His father came near him and put a loving hand on his head. The boy had lifted his flustered face to him and then looked at him sheepishly. He did not know what his father would tell him now.

"Putra, mukta sab hona chahte hain. Kabhi kisiko bandi banake uski apaman mat karna. Chahe wo koi manushyo ho, ya phir koi prani. Pran toh sab main saman hain. Uska ador karna chahiye. (Son, everyone loves his freedom. You should not captive anybody. Be it a man, or an animal. Life is equal in all. You have to adore and respect it.)" Firm and sensible answer of his father Karna.

He looked at his father sheepishly. More than ever. He knew that his dad would never scold him. But this kind of advice was unbelievable for him. In his young heart he did not understand everything. Except only thing. He got a great father. Of whom the world would later be proud of. And he was so right. Entire world after the great blood thirsty battle of Mahabharata never forgot the name of his father. Karna became immortal after that.

************************************