Chapter 18: Pradumna-Padmaja Accidental Marriage

Story Unfolds :

The entire atmosphere was gloomy and fogy. No sounds of birds. No noice of water passing by. No sound of leave trembling. Neither any sound of men or animal's hustle and bustle. All were too quiet. Pin drop silence.

Let us start from where we left the story. The rebel Kanua attacked from back to Pradumna's right shoulder. But why?!! He could easily poke his sword through his chest or heart!! It would not be easy for Padmaja or even Pradumna to kill him before he had made his master stroke!! He did not!! Why?!! Let us try to know that too. Actuality that sword was not an ordinary sword too. It was drenched into poisonous snake venom. No man or woman could get out of it's reach and will die painfully within 24 hours. Kanua wanted to kill Pradumna, but not a bit mercifully. Piercing through his chest would bring his instant death and that would not be enough punishment for this imprudent man to kill his beloved brother Raghua. His brother died painfully. He wanted his killer also to die prematurely and painfully. But he overestimated his own capacity. He did not know that this man was a demi-God himself who had power of healing 100% more fast than any human being. The Kalkut poison could not do any bitter harm in the health of Lord Krishna son.

Kanua had slashed Pradumna's right shoulder near neck area and then he tried to attack for another fatal blow

Kanua had slashed Pradumna's right shoulder near neck area and then he tried to attack for another fatal blow. But his enemy was no ordinary man by himself. He did not flinch a bit nor winc. His face showed no emotion at all.

Padmaja was still now looking at this mysterious stranger with wide eyes. Her face was red. Not in humiliation. But in blood. But most importantly they fell over her parting and started to glow like "Sindoor" (vermilion). She looked very different. Very mature. Very much like a newlywed bride. She did not understand what was going on here?!! A bit?!! Suddenly she felt two strong male arms grabbed her both wrists and dragged her towards himself. Before she could protest a bit she fell down on a strong chest with wide eyes and wide sword in her right hand. She tried to get up from there but a shrill cry from behind took her breath away. What was going on?! She looked at her open sword and most horrifiedly discovered it was piercing the chest of that attacker who tried to assassinate Pradumna just before. Her brain refused to believe anything and remained pararlyed in the shock. She then understood everything. That goon was tiptoeing to attack him once more randomly and when that man, she meant Pradumna, dragged her near to himself unknowingly Her open sword pierced through his chest.  Good riddance!!! What kind of rebels were they?!! At her father's rule, none could ever dare to look at them in this way!!! She felt grateful to this man in front of her for a second and then she dragged the idea out of her head. "He was protecting himself!! That's all!! What was to be grateful about?!!" She snorted her own nose angrily.