Chapter 45: Padmaja met with Vrishaketu

Story Unfolds :

She tried hard to be detached from his side as he instructed. She followed him like a shadow. She always stayed by his side even if he did not notice a bit. She tried to make amend with his all animal friends. His horse Shyam did not forgive her for hurting him. But amusingly the big white tiger Madan Mohan made friend with her. Even she tried to be friendly with the squirrel named Raibatak who was very naughty like her brother-in-law Shamb and sometimes irritated her. But she tried to win them as she was now sanguine to win his heart his animal friend's agreement was truly important. She fade Shyam grass by herself. Tried to walk around with Madan Mohan. And even ran after Raibatak. She missed her childhood days. She did not know someone was watching her from far. And no. He was neither Her father-in-law nor any of her brother-in-laws.

She tried to look after his foods. She even learnt how to cook them from Mata Kalindi. She learned dance and song from Mata Jamuna. Drawing of portraits from Mata Rushmini. She learnt Swordsmanship from Mata Satyavama. Makeup styles from Mata Prativinadhya, mother of Anubindha. The styles of making buns from Devi Anshika. How to ran a chariot from her father-in-law Lord Krishna. Styles of making oneself presentable and beautiful from Devi Laxmana. She was a fast learner and a very sharply intelligent girl. Now she was learning Rajniti or politics from her father-in-law and brother-in-law Anushalwa. Dharma Shashtra from Jayanta. Niti Shashtra from Ram. Soundarya Kala from Anubindha. And naughtiness from Shamb. She was very congenial to everyone and so everyone loved her dearly. She seemed very happy and enjoying her life here. In Dwarka. Just one thing. She could not go near her husband. Without Ghunghat.

She liked to explore her marital abode alone. Just like she always did in her early childhood days. The Palace was quite big unlike her own palace at the Anga state. Her state was small, hence the Palace was also small. But this Royal Palace was truly palatial. It's big doors, lavishly decorated rooms, big and heavy pillars at the entrance gate, lavish four-poster mehogony beds at bedrooms, decorations on window-panes mesmerized her. The work of Maya Danava (after Indraprastha was made he constructed Dwarka too) was really fascinating.

                 Devi Padmaja

                 Devi Padmaja

One day she was sitting grumpily at the stairs of her marital abode. Her all animal friends were surrounding her. Raibatak was chewing a walnut very happily and sometimes nooded his head to her. He was thinking whether to offer her the walnut too. Shyam too was there. He was munching grasses absentmindedly recalling his recent girlfriend lady horse Shyama (named by Ram and Pradumna). But Madan Mohan seemed indiferent of his own loneniless and sat down on the feet of Padmaja was staring at her direction with interest. He thought that she was now going to sing to him as she had always did at the nighttime.

She was sighing softly by thinking of her misfortune. She promised to go away when her husband would gain his health. He looked quite healthy nowadays. It meant that she had to go back to Anga. Without having his mercy. Some days before an arrogant Rajkumari did not care about anyone else's consent. But a wife surely did. She changed a lot in the meantime.