Chapter 54: Padmaja Sent back to Anga

Story Unfolds :

She was sitting still at the floor. Her eyes were red. It seemed that she had cried throughout the night. They were still full of tears. Some traces of them were soaked in her pink cheeks still now. She was looking at the door with vacant look in her eyes. She was still now waiting for someone's arrival. But she did not know that for whom she was awaiting so eagerly would not come to her. He was rescued by his two brothers Shalwa and Anirudhha and now preparing for embarking in a new journey of his own life. Alone. Without her.

Devi Padmaja (Daughter of Karna-Uruvi, daughter-in-law of Krishna-Rukshmini & wife of Pradumna)

Suddenly someone had came to her private chamber and folded his hands to her with dignity. He asked her own permission to enter her room. She lifted her tired eyelashes to his face. A very handsome man with whom she unfortunately never get a chance to be acquainted. He was one of her dear brother-in-laws. His standing posture was regal. His folding of his both the hands to her was respectable. His eyes were sympathetic to her. His every movement was showing that he was a son of Lord Krishna. He even had a calming smile on his handsome face.

"Main Anirudhha hoon, Bhabishree. (I am Anirudhha, sister-in-law.)" He told her calmly. His voice was manly and his eyes calm and peaceful. From his face none could guess what storm was now going into his mind.

          Raj Kumar Anirudhha

          Raj Kumar Anirudhha

"Anirudha bhaiya..." She had called his name softly. In whispering tone. As if she herself did not believe that he was now standing in front of her.

He came forward and touched her feet in respect. She was shocked as he was older than her in age. He sensed Her dilemma and slowly uttered it -

"Main apni Bhabi ki charan sparsh kar raha hoon. (I am touching the feet of my eldest sister-in-law.)"

Then took her dust and with utmost sincerity and devotion touched it in his both eyes and head. She stared at him in awe. This man had touched her heart at the fist appearance!! She was thinking how proud she was that she got such brother-in-laws. So much love. Respect. Devotion.