Chapter 108: Ulupi Rushed to alive Arjuna

Story Unfolds :

At Nag Lok: Under Water:

"Mate, mujhse anjane Main badi bhul ho gayi. Main Pitri-ghati hoon. Dand do mujhe. (Mother, I have done a severe mistake. Without knowing I killed my father. Punish me.)" A Boy of 24 was telling it in choked voice to his mother. Actually a step-mother who was standing tall before him.

           Chitra son Babrubahan

From the face of the woman standing before him none could guess what was going on in her mind. A bit. Her glowing coffee colored complexion looked pale. Her face looked stony. Yet she was not here. Anymore. She was recalling her sin. Once more.

"Arya, maine Chitra ko Bibah ki ratri ek Purush ki aghosh Main dekhi hain. Apne inhi ankhon se. (Dear husband, I have seen Chitrangada hugging a man in your wedding night. From my very eyes.)" One jealous girl once told it to her husband. By batting her eyelashes innocently. She knew that he would believe her.

     Devi Ulupi (2nd Wife of Arjuna)

It was true but half true. At the night of wedding Chitra went to meet to Rati Devi and her husband Kam Dev to offer their thanks and seek their blessings. For her newly married life. Due to her naivety or endless trust on her husband she did not told him the secret. It was Rati Devi who helped her to transform into a beautiful girl. She felt thankful to both of them. She did not know that there was another eye witness of this act. Her own sister. 2nd wife of her husband Arjuna. Yes you guessed right. The girl who saw Chitra to seek blessings of Kam Dev and Rati Devi was none but Devi Ulupi. In the provocation of a very scheming man, named Chandok (his story was written in my "Chitraganda" book elaborately) Ulupi lied to Arjuna about Chitra. She was herself naive too. But she felt jealous. She thought if she could lie to him, then he would start to hate Chitra and come back to her and her son Iravan. She was so heart broken to hear that Arjuna, Her love of life, Her husband, had married sagain. To Manipur Princess. She was full of hatred and seek revenge from Chitra. But she was totally wrong in her assumption. He did not come to her. He left the province. And took solace in the living arms of his own childhood friend Subhadra and had married her secretly. She did get her revenge from Chitra, but did not get her Arjuna back. He went far away from her. Forever. She was morose and depressed. Repenting Day and night for her jealousy. But she had to pay hard. She had to lost her only son. Her Iravan too. Crime never pays!!!