Chapter 39: Padmaja accepted Babru as brother & Shiva saved Pradumna

Padmaja's Side of Story :

                      Devi Padmaja

                      Devi Padmaja

She came back to senses several hours back. Her head felt dizzy and heavy. She put her left palm on her forehead and was in shock to see that her blood had came out of it. She was in thought when someone put a watery clothes on her head from behind. With a jolt she sharply turned back and faced her cousin brother Babrubahan was just put that clothes on her. She made a crying face by seeing him. He in an instance sat down before her and put his hands on her head to assure her. She felt comfortable for no reason. She hugged him tightly. He was taken aback for sometime. But then he too clutched her tightly. With love. Till his own younger years he always asked to his mother "why don't he have no sister like his best friend Shoma?!!" in fake rage and demanded to bring any sister from anywhere. But his mother always laughed heartily and replied to him that one day he would get a dear and lovely sister too. His mother was so right!!! Today he got a sister!!! His heart was fluttering inside his chest. He had at last got a sister. Even if a foolish and naive one!!

 Even if a foolish and naive one!!

          Arjuna Son Babrubahan

"Bhai usne mujhe mere apaharan kiya tha!!! Usse chorna mat!! (Brother, that guy has abducted me!! Don't let him go!!)" Padmaja replied in between the sobs.

He tried to comfort her. Then all of a sudden he grinned big while saying this aloud -

"Thik hain. Bhai bola hain toh yeah bhai tere sahayata abasya karega!! (Okay. If you called me brother, then this brother will save you!! At any cost!!)"

She smiled brightly and then looked at him in awe. But she was in deep shock by seeing that his left palm was bleeding.

"Khoon... (blood!!)" She yelled aloud.

He looked at her in disbelief. Then he noticed that blood on his hand. He brewed his own eyebrows deep in the thought.

Then he declared openly - "Are pagal, yeah mera nahin tera khoon hain!! (O mad girl, this is your blood, not a bit mine!!)"