Chapter 24: Vrushali's Dilemma & Entry of Yudhhisthir

Story Unfolds :

"Mujhe samajh nahin ata ki is sthithi main kiya karna ucit hoga!!! (I fail to understand what to do in this grave situation!!)" Vrushali was pacing in her room while holding her hands at her back. She was frowning deep. In thought.

         Devi Vrushali Padmavati

It was really the gravest situation. Till now Anga state was in desperate need of Ally. Except Mathura no state was ready to be it's friend. Mathura King Lord Balram was helping them as the dotting and caring father of Vatsyala, the widow of Vrishasen. But no other King or Princes were trying to help it. And now two most powerful states of two different sides of Aryavart was in need to secure marital bond with it. One of them was Manipur. The most powerful and promising neutral state of India whose would be King was truly called as a "Louho Purush" or the Iron Man. Babrubahan, might be young in age, but he already secured fear and respect from the men of the Indian subcontinent. He was truly rumoured to be indomitable in the battlefield. It would not be easy to say "no" to them. And another mostly popular and powerful state of western India was Dwarka, the state of Lord Krishna himself. The entire Aryavart loved him and admired him. The state of Dwarkadeesh was full of mystery and rumour. It was claimed to be made of gold. It was told that Dwarka never slept. It was rumoured that in Dwarka no calamity could ever rule over. It was even called as the Heaven over the earth. And most importantly it was Ally with Hastinapur. Hence it was not easy to put deaf ears to the valid pleads of Dwarkadeesh too. So she was thinking deep. It would not be easy to say "No" to any of those two big and powerful states. Whom to deny and whom to accept she failed to comprehend at this very point. Most of all both the grooms were promising in nature. They were both very good looking, good natured, well cultured and well mannered. Babrubahan and Pradumna were equally competent to each other. They both were worthy suitors of Padmaja. Hence her mother Padmavati was now in this mortal dilemma. She was suffering from indecision.

All of a sudden, her grandson Saumya ran to her and clutched to her knees tightly. With a jolt she broke up from her dreams by sensing a soft touch of a baby. She looked to him. He was now hiding in her knees.

"Kiya huwa?!! (What happened?!!)" She asked him in surprised fashion.

"Matashree se chip raha hoon!! (I am hiding from mother!!)" The boy had replied proudly by nodding his head in two sides.