Chapter 49: Happy Days of Padmaja

Story Unfolds :

She came out of her coma in just 2 months. She was unwell and feverish but retained her brave face before her family members. Her uncles along with mother were now in relief to see her well. They decided to went back to their respective states, Anga and also to Hastinapur very soon. Now she sat at the same garden where once her husband Pradumna sat at the days of his illness and where she once played with horse Shyam, Madan Mohan (the white tiger) and also with Raibatak (the naughty squirrel). They both did not forget her a bit. Animals loyalty sense was more strong than humans. They were still in love with her. She not only won the hearts of humans, but also of animals too.

She eagerly waited for the arrival of the young boys. Shamyak of Shamb and Laxmana and Niladri of Jayanta and Mohini. These two toddlers were chatter boxes and laughed, sang and danced around her merrily. She loved to watch them. They reminded her of Soumyajit, her only nephew. Soumya now went away to Anga with his dear mother Vatsyala and grandfather Devi Revati. Vrishaketu accompanied them all. She missed Soumya very much nowadays. Sometimes Mohini (at that time she was pregnant too like Devi Anshika, wife of Anushalwa: she was pregnant for second times, while her sister-in-law Anshika was embracing motherhood for first time) and Devi Chandra accompanied her too in some type of chitchat. But the major problem was that Devi Mohini was no nonsense type girl while Chandra was bubbly and charmingly innocent girl who joked on almost everything. Both of them were polar apart. Padmaja, however, never felt uneasy before both of them as both were humble to her. Both accepted her as their elder sister-in-law easily. Even if she was in same age of Chandra and younger to Mohini.

      Devi Mohini (Wife of Jayanta)

     Devi Chandra (Wife of Ram)

But the problem was in the mind of Padmaja. When she hated Pradumna without knowing him, she was happy and chirpy like Chandra. But after she get to know him and fell in love with him, Her whole world was around him now. Even when she was talking to Chandra or Mohini Her heart and soul remained elsewhere. She was at that very moment thinking of what he was doing, what he was eating, why did not he came to meet her at day time. It was true Pradumna never met with her in front others. Their union was secret to others and the topic of constant gossip to naughtiest sister-in-laws Laxmana and Chandra. Mohini was more matured. Hence whenever she saw a slight glimpse of sadness or aloofness in Padmaja's eyes she had understood everything. She was a newly married bride once. She knew how a bride craved for her husband at that time. She smiled at her and in complete silence got up and bade Her goodbye by making silliest excuse. In reality, this girl was also naughty at her heart. But she did not show it to all. Only her husband Jayanta knew her completely. But alas!! Chandra did not do that. She chattered nonstop. Padmaja had to nod her head at her every sentence. She did not realize the pain of Padmaja!!