Chapter 118: Padmaja in labour!!

Story Unfolds :

At Manipur: In tent of Hastinapur:

A girl of eighteen was now tossing and turning in her dreams. She saw her husband dying. In thirst. He saw her dear brother-in-laws Shamb, Ram, Binda (Aubinda), Anir (Anirudhha) to come to her to seek permission. To go away. Forever. One after one.

First came Shamb who stood lowering his head. When she asked him to seat beside her, he smiled brightly and he hugged her tightly. As he had done at the day of her coming out of Dwarka. Forever.

Shamb hugging Padmaja

She smiled at him. This boy!! He was more than a brother to her than a brother-in-law!! He was the partner of her every mischief. Playing with him she entered into her youth. She did not feel uncomfortable when he had touched her this way. It was natural. This boy always did this to her.

"Anumati do. (Permit me.)" Shamb whispered in her ears. Then he faded away. In the darkness of the night.

She opened her eyes wide in horror. Then lifted her hands to touch him. But he was gone!!

"Shamb Bhaiya.." She called for him. Fanatically.

She did not know that it was the same time when he had died!!!

Later that night he saw her brother-in-law Jayanta sitting at her feet. He was clutching them. With devotion.

"Jayanta bhaiya, Kya huwa (What had happened)?!!" She asked him in shock.

He touched her feet at his forehead and smiled lifelessly. Then he also disappeared. In thin air. He had left his mortal body that day too!!!

 He had left his mortal body that day too!!!

Raj Kumar Jayanta

Later Ram and others also came to bade goodbye to her. She tried to talk with them. She tried to stop them. Yet she was not successful. None had been listening to her.

Today she saw her beloved Dewar or brother-in-law Anushalwa was sitting at her feet. She was dreaming. Her pain was now subsided. So she could be able to sleep. But she stirred a bit by seeing her Shalwa bhaumiya before her!!! How could he come to meet her!! Was he okay?!! Her heart ached tremendously for this loyal and faithful brother-in-law of hers. She knew that he could die for her. Even he did not attended his dead wife's funeral in the fear of leaving his elder sibling Pradumna alone. Then how could he do that now?!! Just how could he?!! She did not know that her Shalwa bhaiya was also dead now.