Chapter 23: Padmaja's Return & feeling for Pradumna

Story Unfolds :

Padmaja's side of Story :

She was in trance when she came to her palace. At Anga. How she rode on her horse and how her pony returned to the Palace, she failed to realize. She was thinking deep. Whether she was truly wrong in judging him?!! Was he really innocent?!! He looked so hurt and wounded when he passed her without any complain!! Was he at all okay?!! All of a sudden her pony had neighed hard. She broke out of her trance by seeing her beloved brother Vrishaketu patting it's head with love.

         Crown Prince Vrishaketu

She jumped down the horse and ran to him. He, on the contrary, looked at her with interest. She was missing just for 2 hours!! What could have happened to her in the meantime?!! He did not know that. With an awe he outstretched his arms to her. She, like her childhood, jumped on him and had hugged him too tightly. She was not shown any sign of emotion till now. But at this moment she could not control herself anymore. She broke into a heartfelt sob.

"Bhai..." She sniffed and cried while clutching him tightly.

Vrishaketu, on the contrary, was very calm and composed in manner. He knew everything. Yes, he was known to the fact that his dear younger sister was now married. To Pradumna. In reality it was his master plan.

Let me explain everything. At the noon time of yesterday when his dear friend Pradumna bewilderedly shown him the secret letter from Padmaja to meet him at the Lord Shiva Temple, Vrishaketu was delighted to know that. He always wanted Pradumna to be his brother-in-law. He heartily was recommending his friend's name even to his own mother, Vrushali. That we already knew beforehand. So he had made a plan. He wanted Padmaja to get married with Pradumna. At any cost. But don't misunderstand him. He did not sent the rebels to kidnap his dear younger sister. He was totally ignorant of any such plan. It was the plan of Mahua to abduct Padmaja to revenge the untimely death of Raghua or her lover.

         Mahua, lover of Raghua