Chapter 21: Pradumna rescued by Friend

Story Unfolds :

Pradumna's Side of Story :

What had happened in the temple he did not looked back. He lost interest in everything. He felt dejected. He felt dead. His life was now completely ruined. By the audacity of a mere proud and arrogant girl. He was till now worshipping her as the Goddess of his life. And what she turned out to be?!! Not even a simple human being!! Huh!! He felt angry on himself. How could he be so big fool since his early childhood?!! His parents told him that his Padmaja would be this!! Soft!! Meek!! Gentle!!! And what she truly was!!! Arrogant!! Proud!! Void of any kind of emotions!!! Spolit girl!!! Who dared to challenge even God's will?!! And he was constantly dreaming to be together with her?!!! What a joke?!!!
What a shame?!! What a pity?!! You became a laughing matter, Pradumna once more among your siblings?!!! For believing in your parent's story of your would be wife!!! "Chi!! Chi!!(Shame!! Shame!!)" His mind was now racing fast. He looked at the direction of the sky and murmured softly -

"Mera kya dosh tha, Pitashree?!! Kyun main jiban mrita ban gaya!! Kyun aj mere hi durbhagya itni Bari Ho gayi ki mujhe apne aise kanya se bibah karne main bibash kar diya jo meri Mrityu kamana karti hain?!! Main kahan bifal ho gaya?!! Mere jiban kyun aj ek Avishap banke reh gaya?!!"

(What was my sin, father?!! Why I am a living dead now?!! Why I am so unfortunate that you forced me to marry a girl who is constantly craving for my death?!! Why I became so much unsuccessful even being your son?!! Why my life becomes a curse on me?!!)

The sky became dark. The thunders starred to fell down. The lightening was seen to dance on the sky. He heard the clear voice of his father in his ears -

"Tum bifal nahin ho, Putra. Mera putra bifal ho hi nahin sakta. Mujhe tumpe garv hain, Pradumna. (You are not a failure. You can't be a failure
You are my son. I am proud on you.)"

He wiped his tears forcefully

He wiped his tears forcefully. He did not want to cry. He tried to hold the buckle tightly but failed. His knuckles felt numb. He was feeling cold. A shiver was now running down his vein. He felt thirsty. He felt sleepy. His knees felt weak. His head started to spin. It felt heavy too. His hands were first the first time in life trembling. He knew that the poison was taking toll on his body. But with great resolve he tried to make his nerve steady.

The horse Shyam was petrified. He till now never saw his master so unstable in his feet. He could not even seat on him straight. Nor can keep his deep blue eyes open. His master never ever made a single mistake in his life on his horse back. At the childhood, I mean ponyhood, of Shyam, when he was first gifted to young Pradumna, he loved to ride on his small pony. He himself named him as Shyam as the pony had two cute back spots on his birth ears. The pony loved to listen to the banter of young Prdumna who too felt quite easy to talk with his pony nonstop. His other brothers laughed upon him for his this special quality to talk with animals. But not he. Small Drumna (nick name of Pradumna) did not pay any attention to their taunts or mockery. He was a loner from heart since birth. He loved to talk with inanimate objects by imagining life in them. He loved to stare at the nature and introspect it's change of climate. He loved to stay awake at the dead of midnight and watch the sky full of stars by holding the neck of his Little Pony friend. Shyam loved his Master's gentle attitude. He knew that how gentle soul his master was. He knew that his master was badly hurt and wounded today. But he did not know what to do?!! He too loved him deeply. A horse was much more in love with Pradumna than his wife!!! Alas!!! What an irony of fate!!!

Shyam was hurrying himself. He just wanted to trample every obstacle from his road. He wanted to reach to Dwarka as fast as possible. His mind was racing fast. He was scared hard for his master. Even being just an animal, he understood something was wrong with his master. He was never so lazy. He was never so sleepy on his back. He never tried so hard to keep up with his fast speed. He never was so gallant to hold his buckle till now. He knew that his master needed at this very moment some urgent help. He needed proper medicine and nutrition. He needed rest. And the loyal and devoted horse was fighting hard to his end point to keep his own master alive. What a devotion!!! Hats off to it!! Padmaja!! Could not you learn something from this animal?!!! At least some amount of empathy and generosity!!! Even an animal had been defeating you in the field of loyalty and devotion!!! What a horse!!! What a loyalty!!

Suddenly Shyam heard his master was calling him softly -

"Ruk jao, Mitra. Aur jor mat lagao. Mar jaoge. (Stop for some time. Don't force yourself more, my friend. You will die.)"

That was true. Since which day he was running endlessly he lost count. He forgot to eat or drink or sleep. He was running fast towards Dwarka. He wanted to save his beloved master. At any cost.

All of a sudden the horse stooped dead at his track. A chariot was now standing in his track. Shyam neighed in anger. To signal the other two horses to go away and make roads for him. The other two horses, one brown and one white one, did not bulge. A man came down from the seat of the charioteer. He was regal in posture. His eyes were too calm. His face was glowing like Moon. He was too much handsome man of early 20. He looked Royal in nature. His strong torso and high cheekbones gave his identity. He came near Shyam slowly and then with joy and happiness patted on his neck. Shyam identitied the touch. It was one of his friend of his Master's.

"Kya huwa Shyam?!! Kya huwa mere Mitra ko?!! (What had happened, Shyam?!! What happened to my best friend?!!)"

Now let us introduce him to all of you. He was neither but another important protagonist of our story. Chitrangada Putra, Vabi Manipur King, Arjuna's estranged son, Babrubahan himself.

************************************