Chapter 101: Arjuna confronted son Babru

Story Unfolds :

At Mainpur: In a tent of Hastinapur:

A man was sitting upright grumpily beside the dead body of his beloved nephew. He was stroking his dead chin and raffled his brownish black wavy hair absentmindedly. His eyes were red and full of tears. He stopped sobbing but nodding his head slowly and dismissively. He was seen saying something unintelligible. He was now looking sometimes at the sky and then sometimes at the dead body of his dear Vrish. His mind was racing fast yet it was paralyzed in shock. He felt no power over his numb legs too. He seemed detached from everything in this world. The time had stopped passing by for him. It seemed as if he was lost everything. In a day. He felt dejected. He felt dead from inside. It seemed as if he had lost his own sons again. Avimanyu, his most beloved one. Iravan, his first born. Along with Shrutakarma, his last one. He was none but the greatest Archer of India, Arjuna himself.

Arjuna - Uncle of Vrish & father of Babru

He was sitting uptight holding the cold hands of Vrish the entire night. As if he was afraid to let him go. His middle sibling Bheem was looking intently at his face. With anxiety. He never saw his younger brother or "Anuj" Arjuna like this. Expect once. When he realized that he lost his dear son Avimanyu. This vacant look on his face proved how much he actually had loved his nephew. Vrishaketu was not only his responsibility, but also a son to him. With ages, Arjuna was too changing bit by bit. He was not so much proud and arrogant Prince like before. He was a gentle soul even before, but with time his arrogance was gone. At youth he was proud that he was the best Archer of India. But the Kurukshetra war showed the falsity od the claim. Bhism, Karna and Drona proved to be more skillful and powerful than him. He became soft too. His compassion for his three dead sons and nephew showed the ultimate transformation in him. An elaborate transformation of a father. We could not have gradge on this broken man. Nor could hate him. A bit.

"Anuj... (Younger sibling)" Bheem was hesitant to call him.

Arjuna was still looking at the dead body of Vrish in vacant eyes. His mind had stopped. He was hearing the enraged voice of Uruvi in his ears -

"Jyse mere keval ek Putra rah gaya, tumhare bhi keval ek hi Putra rah jayega. (Just like I have only one son left, you will have only one son too.)"

How very wrong she was?!! Neither he had any son left nor she had?!! Alas!! He did not know that his Bheem bhaiya was correct in his assumption. He had Babrubahan. Only son of him and Chitra.

"Anuj.." Bheem softly called him again and put his hands on his shoulders.

Arjuna trembled a bit. With a jolt he looked at Bheem in vacant eyes. His brother suppressed his tears just by lowering his head. He could not see his younger brother so heart broken in his entire life. It was because he did not see Arjuna lamenting after the break killing of Karna!!! Unless he could relate it!!!