Chapter 5: Flash Back: Rukshmini's Love Letter to Krishna

Story Unfolds :

The hero of our this story was neither Karna son Vrishaketu nor Arjuna putra Babrubahan. They both were important characters. But both side characters. The hero of this story was the shy meek and timid Lord Krishna son Pradumna. Why his fate was now related with Padmaja was another story. It would be discussed later.

His mother Devi Rukshmini was in love with his father Lord Krishna. She was believed as a reincarnation of Goddess Laxmi herself. When Laxmi Pati Lord Vasudeva came into the earth as Lord Krishna she followed him immediately on the earth. She took birth as Bidarva Rajkanya or Princess Rukshmini.

                Goddess Laxmi

                Goddess Laxmi

She was since birth was in love with Lord Krishna. But her father Bidarva King and her brother prince Rukmi were not in favor of her choice. They wanted her to get married with Chedi Naresh Shishupal. Only her twin sibling Rukhmin was in her favor. He also was devotee of Lord Krishna like her. She loathed Shishupal as he was a well-known womanizer and had no respect to women. She decided to write a love letter ("Prem Patra") to her love of life. Lord Krishna. By the help of her brother Rukshmin. He performed his duty perfectly.

Rukshmin gave the love letter to Lord Krishna and he went away.

Lord Krishna smiled aloud and then nodded his head slowly in agreement. He knew everything perfectly that Devi Rukshmini was in love with him.
He opened the scroll and then read it from top to bottom. It wrote that -

"Hey Priyatam Gobind,

Mere binati suniye. Mere tarah ek anath balika ki nibedan sun lijiye, Nath. Mere Matashree nahin hain. Is liye Pitashree aur Bhratashree mujhe bal purbak Chedi Naresh Shishupal se bibah de rahe hain. Woh toh barat le ke mere dwar pe pouch bhi gaye. Mere sanman rakh lijiye, Nath. Is nari ki binati sun lijiye. Mere sahayata kar dijiye.

Binita

Rukshmini
Apki Dasi"

(O dearest beloved Govind,

Please listen my valid pleadings. I am actually orphan since birth as my own mother died giving birth to both me and my twin brother Rukshmin. My father does love me but he and my elder brother wants me to get married to King Shishupal of Chedi state. He even was residing here as our guest so that within a fortnight he could marry me. Keep my honour intact. I accept you as my husband in heart. Listen to me. Please save me from this gravest situation.

Regards,
Your maid
Rushmini)

Regards, Your maidRushmini)