Chapter 61: Draupadi's pain made Padmaja sentimental

Draupadi's Side of Story :

She was stark awake in the middle of the night. In her dreams she saw a lovely lady looking at her face intently with rage. She repeatedly dreamt it every single night after the epic war of the Mahabharata. She was so naive to go to her friend's room that day. She did not meant to hurt her Sakhi's motherly feelings a bit. But according to her nature she complained her that she cursed her dearest Arya Arjuna unjustifiedly. But her Sakhi had then mistook her intention. She thought that the queen of Indraprastha Devi Panchali was mocking her. On the other hand, she tried to convince her Sakhi that she was wrong. In any war death and resurrection was inevitable from the beginning. None could ever stop it. It was an irony indeed that they Two Sakhis were then at the different sides of the army. She on the Pandava side. As their Kulvadhu or daughter-in-law. Her dear Sakhi was in the Kaurava side. As a devoted and loyal Karna Sangini. Her Sakhi was then completely devastated by seeing the death and massacre of her own boys in her very eyes.

By lifting her own beautiful yet tired eyes how much painfully she uttered this -

"Ap nahin samjhoge Samragyi. Apki 5 Putro Abhi jibit hain!! (You will never understand that, o great queen. Your five sons are still alive!!)"

 Your five sons are still alive!!)"

Devi Uruvi

"Nahin, Sakhi tum galat Ho. Main tumhare pirah samjhti hoon. Main agni-Janma Draupadi bahot Pirah sahan kiya hain apni jiban main."

(No, dear friend, you are so wrong. I never want to mock your emotions. O know what you feel just now. I fire-born Draupadi had to suffer a lot too.)

She wanted to close her mouth with her palms. She wanted to scold her. She wanted to hug her tightly. To console her. But she could not. She understood that their time of pretty friendship was now broken. At least her friend never accepted her as her Sakhi now. She was now to her just an Arjuna Guarani. And that broken hearted beautiful lady sitting lost in her thoughts was none but a Karna Sangini. Arjuna and Karna were arch enemies of each other. Unwantedly she was now her Sakhi Uruvi's arch rival too.

If anyone remembered that day when Draupadi proudly displayed her pleasure on the death of the nine Karna sons, you will be astonished to discover huge dissimilarities between that Draupadi and this Drupadi. At that time she was too young and fill with unnecessary pride. Wife of five fierce Pandava brothers, mother of Five Up-pandavas, she was so sure of her win. At the battle of Mahabharata. She never thought her first defeat came from her own Sakhi. Uruvi. The most foolish and innocent girl who loved her and her husbands tenderly.

That sentences sent shiver down her spine. She was not a bit fool herself. She understood that she had to suffer more. It was a repent of a mother!! It had to be fruitful one day. In her life.