Chapter 11: Babrubahan & Pradumna Friendship

Story Unfolds :

"Tumhare matlab ki ek Sher tumhare sur sunke sant ho jata hain!!! (You mean that even a tiger can be quiet by listening to tune!!!) A young teenager Boy was now sitting beside a tiger who was busy licking himself without paying any attention to him. Babru looked at the animal in surprise.

"Han. Yeh mere mitra hain. Maine is ke nam rakha hain. Madan Mohan. (Yes. He is my friend. I named him. I called him as Madan Mohan.)

Pradumna answered him with a big smile on his handsome face. To prove him true the tiger lifted his eyes to him and then concentrated on licking himself. Once more.

"Tum inko bhi bash main karna jante ho?!! Kyse!!! (You know how to make friends with the animals too?!! But how?)" Babru asked him with shock.

"Jyase tum baan chalana jante ho, thik aise hi!!! (The same way you know how to throw arrows. It's natural to me!!)" Pradumna answered him and then patted the head of the tiger with love. The animal closed his eyes in comfort. He seemed quite accustomed with this boy's touch.

"Kya yeah tumhare paltu hain?!! (Is it your pet?!!)" Babrubahan asked him again.

Pradumna dodged the question quite efficiently and philosophically replied that -

"Is jagat main kyon kisko palta hain!! Woh toh iswar ke lila hain!! Main to ek am manushya hoon!! (In this world who is pet of whom who knows?!! Just God knows the answer. I am only a simple human being!!)"

His mysterious aura and the way of talking drawn Babru towards him

His mysterious aura and the way of talking drawn Babru towards him. He was captivated by this mysterious boy's personality. He was so much engrossed in talking with him.

Suddenly some goons came out of the forest. They came out so silently that nobody knew about their existence. It seemed as if they appeared from out of the blue.

"Ain, tum tino ke paas jo bhi sone hain woh de do!!! (Hey, you three!! Give us every gold ornaments you have!!)" A rough looking goon shouted aloud.

"Mujhe jane do. (Allow me.)" Babru got up instantly. To protect his both friends. Som and Pradumna.

Pradumna, on the contrary, smiled brightly and showed him fake fear to say -

"Thik hain, Mitra. Tum hi jao. Main to keval ek Sadharan Banshuri wala hi hoon. Mujhe yudhha karna nahin ata. (Okay, friend. You go. I am just a flute player. I don't know how to fight!!)"

But if you noticed hard then all of you would see that his eyes were twinkled with naughty mischief. Lord Krishna son was quite accustomed with the warfare. It was in his blood.

"Chinta mat Karo, Mitra. Mere guru ne mujhe yudhha Karna sikha diya hain!! (Don't worry, my friend. My teacher has taught me quite well how to fight!!)" Babru stood proudly by spreading his chest in front of his enemies. With an open sword in his right hand. Without breaking his eye contact with his foes.