Chapter 88: Padmaja's Godh Varai at Hastinapur

Story Unfolds:

She sat uptight in silence all the road. Her Dewar Shalwa accompanied her. This time. Unlike the previous time. He also sat grumpily beside her. He did not know what to say to a grief stricken girl. When he tried to reason with his elder sibling, Pradumna had requested him to bring her back. He understood his brother perfectly. So he accepted that task.

Within 15 Days they reached to the main entrance gate of Hastinapur.

He folded his palms to her and bade his goodbye. He knew that his elder brother needed him beside himself at this very moment.

                   Prince Shalwa

                   Prince Shalwa

She smiled lifelessly at his face with tears eyes. "Jaiye Shalwa bhaiya. Par jane se pehle do vachan dete jaiye. (I will let you go, brother Shalwa. Just promise me two things.)"

He sat down before her feet and had touched them as if he was touching the feet of his own mother. "Agya do, Bhabishree. Pran de denge. (Order me, sister-in-law. I will give my life to you. )" He insisted. In moister eyes.

She looked at the direction of the sky and murmured softly -
"Ek, apni Bhratashree ko kavi akela mat chorna. Woh apke bina adhure Aur asampurna honge.

Do, anewale janam main mere Dewar nahin Putra banna. Dewar banke seva kar liya. Ab toh pki Mata banne ki saubhagya Prapt karna chahti hoon."

(First, don't leave your brother alone for a single second. He is incomplete without you.

Second, be my son in next birth. You have served me a lot as a brother-in-law. I want to be privileged to be called as your mother too.)

He could not believe his ears. He was great touched by her generosity. She wanted to become his mother?!! It was his dream to be her son. She was praying to God everyday that in his next life he would get his brother and sister-in-law as his parents. His eyes were now flooding in tears.

"Main vachan deta hoon, Bhabi. (I promise you, sister-in-law.)" He had promised her. From his heart. Then added "Apni antim Shas tak Main apni Bhratashree ke seva karunga. (Till my last breath I will serve my brother.)"

She touched his forehead with love and adoration. She felt gratified. Then she suddenly went to the chariot and brought some plate full of sweets. She showed it to him and signalled him to take them. He obliged and took two. One for himself and one for his dear elder sibling. She smiled brightly. He passed in his test.