Chapter 44: Pradumna forbade Padmaja to come near him

Story Unfolds :

Pradumna's Side of Story :

He was still in his bed. Bedridden for his weaknesses. But due to constant suffering from illness his nature had become somewhat "Chir-chira" or nagging. He wanted to go out to the garden that the royal doctor had been forbading. He wanted to play his flute that was not permitted too as his own breathing was not under control. He wanted to see his horse loyal horse Shyam, squirrel Raibatak and tiger Madan Mohan. But they were not a bit allowed to meet with him. He felt frustrated of his situation. Most of all, his dear mother was also not in favor of his randevue. She made a strict diet for him to follow and strict order that he should lie on his bed till he got his vitality back. She even allowed a Maid for him. What was her name?!! He did not a bit wanted to remember. For him only one girl was welcomed bot anyone else. He did not want to allow another girl near him. Why could his intelligent mother understand that?!!

He unknowingly put his flute in his mouth and made a heart breaking tune

He unknowingly put his flute in his mouth and made a heart breaking tune. The entire atmosphere got calm and peaceful in a moment. On the far eastern corner of the Palace, his dear father, Lord Krishna, was listening his flute engrossedly. He seemed pleased. His mother, Devi Rukshmini, was at the kitchen and surveying the foods for her sons. She tilted her head to the sound and smiled brightly. It meant he was getting well.

His loyal horse Shyam nodded it's head as if it could understand the tune perfectly. Raibatak was a natural chatter box but he seemed interested too. Even Madan Mohan stopped his howling and concentrated on the tune played by Pradumna. All his animal friends loved his playing.

Pradumna was so much engrossed in playing flute that he forgot to notice a girl was standing at doorpane

Pradumna was so much engrossed in playing flute that he forgot to notice a girl was standing at doorpane. She seemed to enjoy his playing too. But her expressions could not be read as her head was covered with a long "Ghunghat" (one front of Saree used to hide face). She was holding a cup full of milk in her right hand and a towel in her left. It was the time for him to drink milk that he often tried to forgot.

All of a sudden he looked at her and dropped his flute at his lap. In deep frustration. A cough was coming out of his mouth but he controlled it. It happened whenever he tried to play his flute. He did not want to alarm his parents a bit. He knew that after knowing, his mother would even ban him to touch the flute. But he loved to play it. Whenever an arrogant and proud egocentric Princess 's face had emerged in his mind, he wanted to divert his mind by playing the flute. By himself. His father knew that too but he never scolded him for that.