Chapter 55: Pradumna Went to Konark

Story Unfolds :

"Kyse kar sakte ho tum aisa?!! (How could you do that?!!)" A beautiful lady was scolding her grown up Son who was standing tall before her. With the stern face.

They were none other but the mother-son duo Devi Rukshmini and her son Pradumna.

                Devi Rukshmini

                Devi Rukshmini

He was silent. As usual. As if it was so natural for him to do that. But it was not a bit easy for him. Ask any man. Could he wipe his wife's Vermillion in his own hands?!! No. Right?!!

She misjudged Her son for the first time. In her life. She thought he was showing her arrogance. But, on the contrary, he had nothing to convey to his mother. He was very much tired of explanation. His silence was like the silence that had to be seen before the coming of storm. Only if he could show his mother the storm in his own heart?!!

She arched her right eyebrow slightly and in commanding tone ordered him this -

"Jao. Mere Putra badhu ko le ao. (Go. And bring my daughter-in-law back to me.)"

He stirred up a bit. As if there was a slight life came back in his body. He dreamt of being united with his wife once more. But alas!!! It was utterly impossible!!!

"Main aisa nahin kar sakta, Mate. (I can't do that, mother.)" He replied to his mother in stern voice. Without a slight tremble in it. It seemed he was determined in his mind.

She stared hard at his face. How could he?!! This boy never refuted a single plead of her mother in his life!!! Then how could he now?!!

"Mujhe Kshama karna, Mate. (Forgive me, mother.)" He replied in equally emotionless robotic voice.

She did not know what to do now?!! For the first time in her life, the dear wife of Lord Krishna, she felt herself quite "Bibash" or helpless.
.................

Pradumna was leaving the premise. This news spread in the household like wildfire. His mothers were all very shocked to know about his this decision. That boy who never showed a slightest attitude on his life became so adamant that he was not listening to anyone's pleadings?!! He put deaf ears to even his mother Rukshmini and his dear "Majhli Maa" Jamvavati. He even declared to leave the Crown Prince title. In the favor of his second brother Jayanta. None could convince him to change his decision. It seemed as if he was determined to repent for his sin. Alone.

He had already refuted all the luxury of a Prince the same day when he had send his wife back. He had slept on the floor. He wore normal clothes. He refuted to wear any ornaments or eat good foods. He was punishing himself hard for breaking her heart. So very brutally.

Today he was determined to embark to a new journey. Not as a Prince. But as a beggar. What an irony indeed!!!
He left his expensive clothes and all jewelry behind in several plates. For his brother Jayanta. For the next worthy Crown Prince of Dwarka. But he was not prepared for the shock.