Chapter 103: Babru Killed Father Arjuna!!!

Story Unfolds :

The hand to hand combat could not decide their destiny. So also the fight with spears and mace. Both of them were equally powerful competent to each other.

The boy was hurting the man almost thousand times more while the man dodged each and every attack of his at the very nick of the moment. That kind of agility, speed and intensity had proved to Babrubahan why the would called his opponent as one of the fiercest warrior of India, Arjuna. Both of them were now drenched in sweat and blood but none stopped once to catch their breath. Father and son both were equally strong and able competent to each other.

Babru had understood that in mace fighting he could not defeat him. As this opponent of him was not making any mistake like Mahabali Bheemsen. It was not easy to anger Arjuna in the battlefield. He was one of the most clearheaded person in the war. And calm and collected too. Babru tried to make him angry. By provoking him. He had told several times about the hilarious nature sudden downfall of Bheem or the bravery of Vrishaketu to anger Arjuna, but the effect on him was astonishing. He neither got angry nor he even reacted a bit. It seemed as if he predicted that this was his own last battle. He had to be undefeated till the very end of it.

"Are uss Bheem ne toh yudhha suru hote hi bhumi shajya le li. (That hulk like powerful Bheem fell down on the floor at the very beginning of the war.)" Babru laughed at Bheem while telling this. In reality he wanted to provoke Arjuna. While hitting him with mace.

  Chitrangada Putra Babrubahan

He laughed merrily on his own joke but could not evoke anger in his own father. Arjuna looked calm as usual. He knew the tactics of the boy. He had used the same technique 25 yrs ago. In the war against a "balak" or boy at the outside of famous temple of the Kamakhya Devi. That war was so much significant increase his life. If he could avoid that war 25 yrs ago, then he had not to face this boy 24 yrs after. He had fought with his mother, Princess Chitra, in the disguise of a young boy that day. If only he could not defeat her and made a permanent place in her heart, then today he had not to fight against her only son Babru for that unwanted reason. Alas!!! He did not know that he was fighting with his own flesh and blood!! His only living son!!! From Chitra!!!

Arjuna looked genuinely amused by this attempt. He lifted his eyebrows slightly and smiled in mind. He knew this technique. Very well.