Chapter 37: Padmaja met Babrubahan

Story Unfolds :

She narrowed her eyes to the boy who had outstretched his hands to her. She could not see his face as his back was guarding the falling sunrays of the evening time. The sunset was not very far away. Till now he did not show his face to her. She just watched his regal walking style and confident walking posture and a slightest glimpse of his extemely handsome face.

"Kyon ho tum?!! Meri sahayata kyun karna chahte ho?!!! (Who are you?!! Why you want to help me?!!)" She had asked him in surprised fashion.

He came near her and sat down before her on his knees. Then a soft and kind smile spread on his face. He answered her queries -

"Devi, main Chitrangada Putra hoon. Babrubahan. Mere Mata ne mujhe har dukhi aur asahay ke sahayata karna sikhaya hain. Is liye maine apki madat kiya tha!!! (Miss, I am Son of Princess Chitrangada. My name is Babrubahan. My mother has taught me to help each needy and helpless people. I thought you need help desperately. So I tries to help you!!)"

           Arjuna Son Babrubahan

She stared hard at his face. He did not seem to mock her or taunt her a bit. This stranger Boy seemed genuinely moved by seeing her distress. She had wiped her tears forcefully. She did not want to show her weakness to him.

"Devi, kyan ap uth sakte ho?!! Yeah main sahayata karu apki?!! (Miss, can you get up yourself?!! Or do I have to help you?!!)" He asked her with true concern in his face.

She nodded her head in two sides. Then suddenly at upside down. She did not know what she was signalling him.

He laughed aloud in merriment. He seemed to enjoy to see her confusion.

She blushed a little. Only her brother Vrishaketu had till now this capacity to make her confuse. Alas!! She did not recognize that this boy was also her cousin brother!! So he could also confuse her in a similar way!!

She tried hard to get up. But could not be able to do so. Her ankles were now badly sprained. She made a crying face to him by pouting her lips. She felt truly helpless now.

He outstretched his both hands more and said to her slowly -

"Bhagini, agar mujhpe Biswas hain toh is Bhai ke sahayata le shakti ho!! (Sister, if you believe me then you can take help of this brother!!)"

Her eyes got wide and blurred in tears once more. She blamed herself for own foolishness. She had to convince her eldest uncle Yuddhisthir to take her with them. He was a kind-hearted man. He would surely help her. But no!! She was to follow them!! What a superb master plan!! And how it had failed to superbly!!!

 But no!! She was to follow them!! What a superb master plan!! And how it had failed to superbly!!!