Chapter 106: Babru's Trial of Suicide & Lord Krishna's Assurance

Story Unfolds :

A girl of eighteen was looking at the dead body lying before her very own eyes vacantly. Her brain refused to believe what she was seeing!!! Her heart beat increased faster. Her legs were feeling numb and unable to bear her weight but she condemned them to shake. She had felt control over her nerves. Just like her father Karna. She knew that in this situation she should not behave whimsically. But her own heart refused to obey her command. She was seeing the memory of that very day when her uncle Arjuna had begged for her mercy. She was truly bewildered that day. She was highly conflicted this day. She was in a great mortal dilemma. She did not know what to do now!! Whether she had to be happy and proud that at last her father's untimely death was revenged or sad and heart broken as this uncle was never meant any harm to her or her family. After that epic bloody war of Mahabharata. She was confused. She was in shock. She stood lifelessly without breaking eye contact with her uncle Arjuna's once proud body. Her mind was racing yet her face hid her emotions perfectly. Her big hazel doe shaped eyes were glowing in dark. As they were full of tears. She was none but the main female protagonist of this story. Devi Padmaja herself.

      Devi Padmaja (Karna Putri)

She looked sadly at the sky and asked softly in mind "Kya mujhe santushta hona chahiye, Pitashree?!! (Do I have to be pleased?!!)" She was addressing her dead father. Karna.

She received the answer of her query almost immediately. A husky baritone voice rang in her eardrum "Kya tum santustha ho?!! Apne hriday se pucho. (Are you happy?!! Ask your heart.)" It was of his father's voice. That voice was also dripping with emotions as if the person whose voice it was, was too crying constantly.

          Her dead father Karna

She nodded her pretty head violently in both sides to signal her inability to be happy in this situation.

The distressed voice now seemed very happy and pleased. It whispered to her ears gently

"Yashwini Vab. Samast aryavart apko Kabhi na bhul paye!!! (Be praise-worthy. The entire india will never forget you in coming future.)"