Chapter 17: Padmaja-Pradumna face off

Story Unfolds :

"Mujhe tumse ghrinna hoti hain. (I hate you.)" A teenager girl was saying this to a 26 yrs old man who had just saved the life of her brother.

Padmaja heard everything. She knew that everyone wanted her to sacrifice her own life by marrying Pradumna, but she did not want to do that. She was in favor of love marriage. She did not like arrange marriage that also to secure the powerful alliance to their states and to secure their borders. She did not hate him. Actually she did not know him that much. She hated the idea of arrange marriage and that type of frustration was forcing her to say this to him. She wanted to wait for her lover boy. Alas!! This foolish girl did not know that she was refuting the same man about whom her Grand father Lord Shiva had told her earlier. With time, Her memory of Kailash was fading away from her mind. So the name which was her solace at the childhood, became her enemy at the teenage years.

She invited him to the Shiva Temple

She invited him to the Shiva Temple. It was nearest temple from her palace and dearest for all the statesmen of Anga. She thought here she would find out privacy to talk to him. He was not ready to come. But he suspected something foul. If a Princess could go alone in the temple then what would happen if the rebels got the news?!! He came forward just to protect her. He was also not very keen to meet with her. After the slap incident he avoided her intentionally. His ego was badly wounded. He liked Padmaja and was not against marrying her but her that attitude warned him. This girl was not a easy to be bent for. And he did not want that too. He was not the man who wanted to force himself on any girl. This one similarity you could see with his departed father-in-law Karna. Both were true gentlemen. Ready to protect anytime. But without the girl's intention not ready to go one step ahead.

Suddenly he heard some small hustle behind them

Suddenly he heard some small hustle behind them. His ears were warning him that some rebels were hiding at some places. But even in the temple of Lord Shiva?!! How could they get to know the Princess was coming at this temple at the deadly hour of night?!! And that's also alone and unarmed?!! Must be some high ranked maids or security guards were involved in this rebellion too. He gripped his sword tightly in his left hand. And tried to fetch another one from his belt when a man speedily bolted towards him and with him other 10 armed men too ran out of their hiding places.

Padmaja was in deep shock. What was going on with her?!! She did not told about her night adventure except her friend Mahua!! She did not know that her trusted friend Mahua was once girlfriend of the Raghua, the dead team leader of rebellious groups!!! Now after his death Mahua wanted to avenge his death from Padmaja as it was for her Lust actually Raghua made that blunder mistake that day to attack on her brother. Vrishaketu.

20 men with arms and outstretched hands danced around them. They were laughing gleefully. Pradumna had noticed the face of Padmaja. That young girl did not show any sign of fear. Even if she was unarmed!!! Hats off to her!! She might be immature but not cowards a bit!! Her step-mom Padmavati had taught her warfare and she was a, even if not a master like her father Karna or her mother Uruvi, but she was not bad herself. She looked irritated to discover she had no weapon in hand. She was by herself making a frustruted face when a big glowing sharp edged thing flied to her. She caught it's handle quite effortlessly. Then she admired it's beauty. It was nothing but the same sword that Pradumna was holding in his left hand till now. It's handle was adorned with diamond, Ruby and blue sapphire. She thought if the rebels ever got hold of this sword then their money would be arranged. For next several missions. As the sword was itself invaluable.

Then she lifted her eyes to Pradumna and asked him firmly -

"Ahista nahin phenk sakte the?!! Agar hamari haat kat jati toh?!! (Don't you give it to me lightly?!! What happen if my hand get cut by it?!!)"

But her whole attention was to the rebels behind him who were greeting their teeth and were planning to jump on his bone. Now.

Pradumna, being the Demi-god all by himself, was no fool too. He was till now waiting for the attackers jump on him. And his patience showed his fruit. A rebel jumped on him from behind. He blocked the attack by lifting his sword over his head as the attacker targeted his head. Another man in the same time by gritting his rushed near to him to attack. But he fell down instantly by realizing he had been stabbed through his heart. Our heroine was baby face!! But not baby in the field of war!! After all Two famous warriors daughter should be courageous by herself too.

Three more came and go. Then four. The entire rebel group ended while fighting with this Two single people. Within just 10 minutes they ended the fight together.

One man, was still looking at them from far with awe. He was none but Raghua'a own brother, Kanua. Mahua had given him false information. This Rajkumari might be spolit and proud, but she was not a bit easy to be win over in the fair battle. And that man along with her!! Was he fighting?!! Or dancing?!! He twisted on his legs like a dancer!! He fell down yet got up instantly!! He blocked every attack from every angle!!! Even he could fight in his left hand and right hand both!! Kanua groaned hard. It was not easy to capture the Princess. That man had to die. He tiptoed out of his hiding place and by lifting his sword over his head in a lightening speed he struck on the right shoulder of that mysterious man protecting Princess. Pradumna. He was just now killed 2 men and concentrated on the next remaining one. He did not predict the sudden attack even if he heard the footsteps. But just one seconds small mistake did hit him hard. Blood had poured down. And a splash of it even rushed to the downside. Padmaja had tilted her head at the nick of the moment when his blood came and fell on her head. Her whole face became bloodied in a single moment.

Let's just see what was the plan of the destiny behind this incident in our next episodes.

************************************

Sorry Guys,

Due to my own health issues I can't concentrate on the story. I even had to visit to hospital. Doctor told me to take complete bed rest. Even after that I am writing it so that you can read it. If you dislike the chapter then that's okay. I need some time to write it down. Hope you will understand that.

Thanks,

Amropali

************************************