Chapter 111: Padmaja Reconciled Vrish-Babru & Arjuna

Story Unfolds :

At the royal tent of Hastinapur:

Arjuna was standing tall with vacant eyes. He understood everything but his heart was not ready to admit his defeat. It happened seldom. People became adamant about not to admit their own faults. His mind was racing fast and his eyes were burning in sheer astonishment. He was looking intently at the face of Babrubahan at this moment. He was recalling his own precious self. Adamant, proud yet naive. He could correlate himself with his only living son. He could not identify his eldest sibling Karna. His son Babrubahan could not identify his father. Like father like son!!

           Middle Pandava Arjuna

He was thinking deep. The day when he abandoned his wife Chitrangada brutally. He demanded her proof of fidelity. Age refused to give it. He was so sure about her infedilty that he did not pay any attention to her words or pleadings. Her tears seemed fake to him. A wife who was meeting some other random man in secret!! A wife who was consumating behind his back!! To his great dismay he called her "Beshya". She closed her ears with her both palms and cried aloud. He did not felt a little bit guilty or sad. He was so sanguine that she was a filthy characterless woman!! Even Vasudeva and his wife Devi Satyvama tried to pursue Arjuna but he hated the idea to even see the face of that dirty girl in his entire life!!! And now the past had became true in his present!! His only mistake was hunting him for his entire life. His enormous Sin created his own son as his enemy!!! Now he did not meet the eyes of this boy!! He loathed his father!! Babrubahan's lowered head and silent treatment hurt Arjuna very much. He thought his son hated him. His son thought his father loathed him. Both the father and son duo was now completely silent and looking at each other in moister eyes.

Arjuna looked at the face of Babru in deep affection. He remembered the cold hissing unfamiliar sound of his wife Chitra in his eardrum repeatedly

"Main apni begunahi ki praman de sakti thi. Par nahin dungi. Pati aur Patni ki samndha Prem aur Biswas pe adharit hoti hain. Woh agar ap main nahin hain toh yeah samndha bhi adhuri hain. (I can give you the proof of my Fidelity. But I will not. Any wife and husband's relation depends on love and mutual trust. If you don't trust me, then this relationship is dead. Already.)"

)"