Chapter 8: Pradumna unable to forget Padmaja

Story Unfolds :

"Hmm. Toh ek balika se apka bhet huwa?!! Huh!! (Hmm. So you met with a girl. Hush!!)" His cousin sister was asking him. She was a 24 yrs old Slim and lovely girl. She was none but Karna's daughter-in-law Vatsyala, wife and widow of Vrishasen and mother of Somyajit, their only son. Daughter of Lord Balaram.

                  Devi Vatsyala

                  Devi Vatsyala

"Ha. Par mujhpe itna taras khane ki prayojan nahin!!! Maine aisa bhi toh Nahn bola tha!! (Yes. But don't be so sad for me. I don't tell you to be so remorse for me!!)" Pradumna pouted his lips cutely by making a strange face.

She laughed aloud. It was a rarest chance for her to laugh after her dear husband's death.

"Dekho behena, mujhpe hasne ki koi prayojan Nahin hain!! Waise bhi woh balika dikhti achhi hain!! Aur toh aur woh mere Vanshuri bhi achhi lagti hain!! (See dearest sister, don't laugh on me. By the way, the girl was quite cute too. And she liked my Flute!!)" He refused to give in before her.

She tilted her head proudly towards him and snapped at him too -

"Chalo, koi toh mila!! Ab Radharani aur Krishnaji ki Rashlila dekhne ko milegi!! (Okay. Someone has at last appeared in your life. Now Radha and Krishna love story will take place.)"

He twisted his nose in anger. He hated the idea. He did not even see the face of that girl clearly. He just saw one thing. Her big doe-shaped hazel eyes. Wide in shock or horror. He loved that expression on that girl's face. But what to do?!! She was a mere child!!!

"Aur ap burhe ho gaya na, Bhaiya mori?!! (And you are too old for her. Right, dear young brother?!!)" Devi Vatsayla reciprocated his thoughts.

He made a disgusted face once again. Alas if only he knew that this young girl was the heroine of his love story!! I think he would die in shock!!! Good god!!

But the time flied rapidly. He would met her once more. But then neither of them could not recognize each other. A bit.
........

                   Prince Shamb

                   Prince Shamb

"Kya tum Satya main hi ek yodhha banana chahte ho?!! (Are you really willing to be an warrior?!!)"

Pradumna asked that to his brother Shamb who was hiding behind a big pillow of a divan. He made a prank on his dearest wife Laxmana who was so furious that she wanted to kill him now. At this very moment.

Pradumna was sitting alone to think about how to cope up with his own solitude and loneliness when his dear younger sibling rushed to him and hid himself behind the divan. Pradumna made a face. He was a bit loner in his heart and he did not loved to stay with others all the times. But who could convince Shamb of that?!!

 But who could convince Shamb of that?!!

   Devi Laxmana (Wife of Shamb)

His younger brother was a prankster. He loved to crack jokes and playing pranks. His this attitude would bring ultimate disaster in the Yadu Vansha.

"Bhai mat bolna usse. (Brother, please don't tell her.)" Shamb insisted his big brother. Pradumna.

Pradumna nodded his head in total agreement. He knew that his younger brother. Shamb must have done something bad.

Shamb winked at him. Pradumna had made a disgusted face.

"Is ek bar. Bas. (For this time. Only.)" Pradumna answered him firmly.

Shamb nodded his head slowly. He knew that his brother was forgiving in nature. He was never truthful to his own promises. He would never keep his promise as he was a soft-hearted person in heart.

Laxmana ran into the room. Her face was red in anger.

"Kahan hain wo?!! (Where is he?!!)" She demanded to know.

"Kyon?!! (Who?!!)" Her brother-in-law Pradumna asked her. With fake shock.

"Jethji, ap apne bhai ko banchane ki prayatna mat karna!! Apko gyat hain ki usne kiya kiya tha!!! (Brother-in-law, don't try to save him from my hands today

"Jethji, ap apne bhai ko banchane ki prayatna mat karna!! Apko gyat hain ki usne kiya kiya tha!!! (Brother-in-law, don't try to save him from my hands today. You don't know what he had done today!!)" She told him in flustered face.

"Kya kiya us dust ne!! (What had he done today?!!)" He demanded to know from her.

She showed her torn end of the Saree and said -

"Dekhiye. Far diya!!! (See yourself. He tore it down!!)"

Pradumna tried to control himself for long. Now he could not anymore. He laughed aloud.

His sister in law made a disappointed face for some time. Then she heard a soft giggling sound from behind him. She narrowed her eyes in suspicion and then tiptoed behind him to find out her husband Shamb was giggling in joy too.

She stopped dead at her track for some time and then stretched her own right hand to grab his earlobe. Right one. He was alert too. He put his own arms around her waist and then dragged her to himself.

"Uhhu. Yeh Kumaro ki Bramhacharya sram hain. Apke bibahit Jiban ki sara samasyao ke nispati apne kaksh main karo. Tum Dono. (No. It is a bachelor's den. Go to your own room to settle your marital dispute. You both.)" He instructed them both.

They obliged. But before going Shamb produced his tongue to him to mock while Laxmana nodded her head in mockery. Pradumna laughed again on their foolishness.

After they both went out of his room, he pulled out his flute once more and blew it. Then he forgot everything. As usual. Only two pair of doe-shaped hazel eyes and a cute little girl's face with an expression of deep horror had been roaming in his brain. Till the end of the night. He could not forget her a bit. Alas!! If only she would be a grown up girl!!!

But he did not know that this kind of infatuation of his would soon going to turn into a heartbroken love story of the ages. After Mahabharata. She was destined to be her partner. To uplift Her mother Uruvi's curse on his dear father. Lord Krishna.

************************************