Chapter 58: Meghvarna-Vrishaketu-Padmaja Friendship

Story Unfolds :

Vrishaketu's Side of Story :

"Pranipat, kakashree. (Bow to you dear uncle.)"

Megh out of blue had appeared in the room of Vrishaketu where he was seen just now sitting alone and was in deep thought.

Vrishaketu was at that time rubbing his chin thoughtfully

Vrishaketu was at that time rubbing his chin thoughtfully. He was truly worried of his heart broken sister Padmaja who refused to eat or drink anything. He took her with him in the journey of Hastinapur in the hope that her mood would change. But no. She was seen grumpy and sulking always. She had only one demand in her lips.

"Mujhe wonke paas bhej do. Mujhe wonke paas jana hain. (Send me to him. I want to go to him. She meant her husband Pradumna.)"

At this rate she would either became mad or ran out of the premise once more. And it was not new for her. She once ran out behind him. To Dwarka. Their mother Vrushali and sister-in-law Vatsyala were both scared for her falling health too. Padmaja lost her appetite. She even started to vomit randomly. Every morning she had been complaining of headache or strong stomachache. What was going on with her?!! He did not know that. Their mother Vrushali and aunts Draupadi and Subhadra had been suspecting something but they did not let him know about it. So moral of the story was Vrishaketu was anxious for his only sister Padmaja at the nick of the time when Megh approached him.

But as a true warrior he had control over his nerves. It was mandatory for any fighter. He was a great warrior himself. After all his uncle Arjuna was his protegee. He had to be excellent archer himself. So he grabbed his knife in his left hand by hearing the sound of some unknown boy's voice and sharply turned back to face him. He then threw it with a swift motion of his hand. But Megh was alert too. He dodged the attack effortlessly.

Then he looked at Vrish in mock terror in his blue eyes -

"Are are Kakashree tisht. Apto toh mere hatya kar dete. Mata Mauravi apka kya hota tab?!! (Uff Uncle have patience. Wait for sometime. In this rate you will kill me at once. What will happen then to my beloved mother Mauravi?!!)"

The name "Mauravi" striked in the eardrum of Vrishaketu. He knew that his middle uncle Bheem had a pretty daughter-in-law named Mauravi who had three sons. Lord Krishna, his another uncle, told him many stories relating three Mauravi sons. Barbarik, Anjanvarma and Meghavarna. Among them Meghvarna was known to be the naughtiest and deadliest one. But he could not be Barbarik who retired in the Himalayan region. Anjanvarma died in the epic war of Mahabharata. Then it must be the naughty Megh.