Chapter 87: Padmaja sent back to Hastinapur

Story Unfolds :

A girl of eighteen was sitting on a big throne with a smile on her face. All of her family members were seen to sing and dance in rejoice. Her maternal family also joined the happy occasion too. They also seen to enjoy the happy chit-chat with each other. All were feeling blessed to have such a happy occasion after so long time. It was a Godh Varai ceremony (an auspicious occasion to welcome the unborn baby and worshiping it's mother) of that girl. All were seen to enjoy themselves except one. That girl for whom this occasion was given. She was seen to be smiling big but it was a fake smile that did not reach to her heart. Let me introduce her now. She was none but the main female protagonist of our story Devi Padmaja herself.

           Karna Nandini Padmaja

She was seen laughing and talking to everyone in merry mood but in her heart she was thinking something else  that none could identify. Except only one person who was looking intently at her face in painful eyes. From the far end of the room. Sitting with his friends and cousins Pandava. Only this man could read her mind so very perfectly. He was her father-in-law Lord Krishna himself.

         Lord Krishna Vasudeva

A small sigh escaped his mouth. He knew what she was feeling now. She was thinking of only one person. Her husband. Pradumna. He was absent from this ceremony and closed his doors to all happy occasions of life. It was not the case that he was not a bit happy for his upcoming twins. Just he was not comfortable to show his own pain and agony to everyone. He was not good nowadays. He vomited blood every single day. He was afraid to die anytime now. And he did not want to involve his wife's family to know of his ill health. That was the reason of his absence from this occasion.
...................

Flashback : 30 days Back: Konark:

"Ap mujhe khud se dur kar rahe Ho?!! (Are you detaching me from yourself now?!! At this time?!!)" She asked him in shock.

Her husband told her calmly about the invitation came from her Maika and instructed her to go there. Alone. He was not coming with her. He did not give her his reasonings. As usual. It was his nature to decide her fate all alone. Without even consulting her. She felt offended. Her pregnancy took troll on her body and health. At Thai time pregnancy Hormones were seen to increase in any woman's body. She was not exception. Most of all she was going to have twins. So her own mood swings were Supreme. Sometimes she cried aloud and sometimes laugh for no reason. Even Shantima got scared for her. This case seemed complicated even for an experienced midwife like her.