Chapter 33: Coronation of Veishaketu

Story Unfolds :

Padmaja's Side of Story :

For some days she was so happy. For her brother. He was going to be the king of Anga. People from Hastinapur and Mathura also gathered at there small state on this happy occasion. She was flying like a butterfly here and there. She felt as if she was of the same age of Soumyajit, her toddler nephew, Son of Vrishasen. The entire state was decorated with aromatic candles and roads were covered with red carpets. The roads at night were glowing in different bright colored lights. iAromatic scents were now scattered around every room of the Palace and over the head of every guests. Rose petals and Lily petals were also thrown on them. Guests were being welcomed with heavy Garlands too. Made by Vatsyala and Vrushali themselves. One beautiful maiden was allotted for each guest. All guests looked very satisfied with the arrangements. Padmaja was now working as supervisor of the guests. She was welcoming everyone Merrily.

But to her dismay none came from Dwarka to attend the ceremony. Her mother Devi Padmavati herself wrote a letter to Dwarkadeesh to come and join in this auspicious occasion. But Lord Krishna did not come till now. She was hurt by his behavior. God knew why?!! Even her eldest uncle Yudhhisthir was not attending the occasion. He was still at Manipur and trying hard to convince Maharajah Chitra Vahan. On the behalf of them, Maharani Vasundhara and her dear daughter Princess Chitrangada were coming to attend the ceremony. She was delighted to meet with them very soon now.

         Devi Madirakshi Padmaja

Soumya was harassing her for no reason. That boy loved to humiliate his Buwa very much. "Khana do", "Kahani sunuao", "Khelo mere sath" his demands were unending. Even today when Padmaja was standing tall at the gate to welcome the upcoming guests from Manipur he was still now standing at her toes clutching the end of her Saree.

"Soumya, ja na ihase. Mujhe kam karne de. (Soumya, go from here. Let me work.)" She insisted that boy who nodded his head dismissively. He was not letting her go out of his sight. He loved his Buwa very much.

       Soumyajit (Son of Vrishasen)

She made a disappointed face. That boy!!! Uff!!! How naughty could he be?!!